Brooke O.
on 12/30/08 11:34 am
 hey all!  i am new to the message board.  i had my band done on 12/16 and have lost 17 pounds since!!  during the first week or so, the weight was flying off, but over the past few days i seem to have come to a stand-still.  is this normal so early in the process?
thanks!
brooke
nikimando
on 12/30/08 12:36 pm - pawtucket, RI
LOL... we posted almost the same message! And the consensus is ... it's normal. I have now lost 19 pounds because i lost one pound as of today, but i hadn't lost anything in about 5 or 6 days.
kellybmomof3
on 12/30/08 9:03 pm
Welcome to the forum, Brooke!  I haven't had my surgery yet, but wanted to extend a warm welcome to you.  Have a great 2009! 
Kelly B
297/247/165

Summer Slimmers Challenge!

Most barriers to your success are man-made.  And, most often, you're the man who made them.  ~ Frank Tyger
renee K.
on 12/30/08 10:52 pm - Augusta, GA
17 pounds is tremendous!  You must really be following the rules to a "T"!!  it usually slows though as you start eating soft/mushy foods, as they do have more calories and are more dense than liquids.  BUT dont get discouraged!  Be sure to get enough protein and take your vitimans, exercize as you are instructed by your doc and it will get jump started again.  I lost 13 pounds the first week, then gained back 5, boy was i mad.  The scale is moving again for me becasue i have finally been able to increase my work outs, and i am depending on my protein shakes and water!!  LOW cal sugar free snacks (s/f puddings, s/f popsicles) and dont freak if you mess up.  We all do.  Just immediatly REALIZE you dont want to do it again and move on.  Dont dwell on it.  (beleive me that is something i am learning myself!!!)

You will do GREAT!  STay plugged in here and talk/vent/laugh/cry and share your victories!!

God Bless-
Renee

renee K.
on 12/30/08 10:54 pm - Augusta, GA
Oh yea and welcome to the forum!   Its a GREAT bunch!!  Also check out the lap band forum-lots of activity and advice there!!!!

renee K.
on 12/30/08 10:55 pm - Augusta, GA
I will try this again-
Oh yea welcome to the forum, its a GREAT bunch! Also check out the Lap Band fourm, lots of activity and advice there!!!

bornagain3
on 1/1/09 4:24 am - Scottsville, VA
Welcome Brooke:

The way it has been explained to me is that the first week or so it is water weight. We should only expect about 1-2 pounds a week after that and that doesn't always happen.

I had my surgery Sept. 29th and have lost 26 pounds.  I am still having trouble getting the right restriction, had 3 fills so far.  But am going to keep working on this!  I want so badly to see my weight below 200 pounds!!

Keep posting.

Jeane  
RackeSRN
on 1/2/09 8:51 pm - Florence, KY
YES!   Welcome and normal normal normal!   A lot is water weight to start and the weight seems to melt off post - op for about 2-3 weeks then slows.  Band weight comes off much more slowly than RNY weight and don't get discouraged-get active as much as your doctor allows you to right now.  Pay attention to some of the other posts (those discussing bandster hell) because until you get some restriction it can become a real struggle to realize you have no restriction yet after the "honeymoon post-op" phase ends!

Welcome and keep us posted!

Sonja
Most Active