Everything Went Well!!

berfy
on 12/26/08 12:19 am, edited 12/26/08 12:22 am - West Hollywood, CA

I had my surgery on December 22 and have been on clear fluids only ever since with no problems. Doc said most people are somewhat anorexic for three weeks after surgery and have no appetite. THANK GOD!!

I also feel very priveledged because I received the next Generation Realize Band C which won't even be offered for most people until next year.

My Doc tells me that he is one of only 5 Surgeons in the Country currently allowed to implant the Realize C.

My surgery was done at Cedars Sinai Medical Center which is one of the premier hospitals in the country so I am truly grateful to live so close by to it.

One of the best parts about Cedars Sinai.....?  Only Private Rooms, and no shared rooms are even available.   WooHoo !

Thanks all for being here, and let the weight loss begin!!
Carol422
on 12/26/08 12:58 am - Orland Park, IL
Welcome to the losers bench!

I was one of those people who had no appettite after surgery, but sorry to say it doesn't last forever. I have heard of the Realize C but have not read anything about it. Maybe now would be a good time to read about it.
Aren't private rooms awesome? 
Good luck on your journey!
Carol

Melanie C.
on 12/26/08 5:45 am - Inverness, FL

I didnt have an appetite for the first 6 days...after that I thought I was going to die of hunger...but im better now.. I feel so much better already... my skin is clearer, my puffy eyes are gone... its great...Im almost affraid to eat again...

kellybmomof3
on 12/26/08 9:40 am
Good to hear everything is going well!  I read about the c-band.  I'm hoping to have surgery the end of March/beginning of April.  I don't know if my surgeon will be doing the c version or not. 
Kelly B
297/247/165

Summer Slimmers Challenge!

Most barriers to your success are man-made.  And, most often, you're the man who made them.  ~ Frank Tyger
renee K.
on 12/30/08 11:13 am - Augusta, GA
Be careful!  I didnt have a huge appetite either, but in week 2 it came back with a vengence!!!!
Walk as much as you can and sip your water!
Good luck

Tooty
on 1/1/09 12:40 am - Germantown, TN
Glad your surgery went well and you are feeling good.  I can't imagine not having an appetite, I have never had that problem before...lol

I don't know much about the Realize Band C.  What is so different about it?  My Surgeon only uses the Realize brand, I wonder which model I will get....

Cathlena - 39, 4'11"   Start - 210  3/31/09    BMI  Start: 42.4    
 LilySlim - (OdX3)
Most Active