how do u know when enough is enough

pam6464
on 12/22/08 12:16 pm
hey u all,
i had my realize band 2 weeks ago and i am on soft foods now.  i ate some grilled chicken and some mashed potatoes.  i chewed very well and it went down without any problems.  however, i did not feel any restrictions and i felt like i could have eaten some more but i didnt because i was scared.  what's a good stopping point.  i dont think that i even ate an ounce of chicken and i ate maybe 2 spoons of the mashed potatoes. 
merryterry
on 12/22/08 12:29 pm - AZ
Hey Pam,

You most likely won't feel any restriction until you get your first fill. If you felt restriction after surgery, it was caused by your stomach being swollen and that has now gone away. My surgeon says eat what you can in 20 minutes-no longer. And that's taking small bites and chewing, chewing, chewing. I can now feel when my hunger had gone away and I feel satisfied. We don't want to eat until we feel full any longer, just til you no longer feel hungry. Were you on a liquid diet for 2 weeks post-op. OMG. I was going crazy after 4 days -f broth , sf jello and herbal tea!

Good luck. I'll be at 2 weeks on the 24th.

pam6464
on 12/26/08 9:45 pm
Thanks for your reply Merry.  What do some of your meals consist of?  For instance, what do you eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.  I am scared that I might be eating too much.  It dont look like a lot on my plate but the amount I am eating scares me but I have not gained any weight at all.  As a matter of fact, I am still losing but I dont want to stretch my pouch either.  Please help me.  on Christmas eve, I ate some baked chicken, 2 spoons of dressing, and 2 spoons of macaroni and cheese.  I was not full at all but I stopped.  ON Christmas, I ate some Turkey with gravy, a little dressing, some green beens (aprox 7), and a lil potato salad.  Yesterday I ate some turkey, dressing, green bean casserole, and mac and cheese.  Am I eating tooo much?  For my other meals, I usually do my shakes or pudding, and maybe a boco burger.  Please help me sort my portions out.
pam6464
on 12/22/08 12:52 pm
2 weeks tomorrow.  probably shouldnt have gone but i was very careful. thanks for the reply.  what do you use to measure food when u are out?
kimberism
on 12/29/08 10:20 am - CA
On December 22, 2008 at 8:52 PM Pacific Time, pam6464 wrote:
2 weeks tomorrow.  probably shouldnt have gone but i was very careful. thanks for the reply.  what do you use to measure food when u are out?
I am almost 3 weeks out.  I use a plastic baby food container (I have a 1 year old also, so it was convenient).  The stage 3 baby food in plastic containers are 4 ounces, just about what my pouch should be. It is also nice to mesure out cottage cheese and fruits and veggies at home.  I am using my kids dinnerware and silverware to help keep portions small (they look bigger on the kids plate) and their utensils help me keep my bites small.  The no sugar applesauce in indivual containers are also 4 ounces, and good to keep in the car in case you are out, but can't have anything that is being served.
Most Active