I'm New here

Melanie C.
on 12/22/08 6:35 am - Inverness, FL
I had my surgery on Dec 16th so tomorrow will be a week and Im just wondering if the feeling of starvation is ever gonna go away?... I am so hungry...I have another week of liquids and I dont think im gonna make it...im dizzy and very cranky... Can anyone please help me with this??
merryterry
on 12/22/08 12:32 pm - AZ
Wow, poor you! I was so hungry on just the liquids and I only had to be on 4 days. Call your surgeon and see if they can recommend something.

good luck on your journey!
tbines401
on 12/23/08 10:57 pm - Columbia, SC
Please make sure you are getting in your protein drinks that will help with the light head and dizzy feelings. It's a rough stage you are in becasue I had my surgery 12 01 and I did clear liquids for a week and full liquids the next week and was very pissed that i only lost 10 pounds in those two weeks. Hang in there it do get better
Melanie C.
on 12/26/08 5:21 am - Inverness, FL

Thank you so much for your response... I was on full liquids when i came home but was feeling so horrible.. when it had been a week since my surgery I hate a few noodles and have felt better since..but now since im not feeling so bad I feel like I am doing something wrong.. ..Im working on the  sipping my drinks.. when im thirsty im just thirsty..lol... I lost 20lb so far and now im nervous of putting it back on when i get on soft foods next week.... How are you doing with everything now???

tbines401
on 12/28/08 6:07 am - Columbia, SC
I am doing fine. I can't wait to get my fill I am hungry alot and I eat all the wrong things so hopefully with the holidays behind me I will be able to focus more and get this weight off.
berfy
on 12/28/08 8:23 pm - West Hollywood, CA

I'm a week from surgery and quite honestly I've had no hunger issues at all. I'm pretty amazed by that.

The one thing I use that may be helpful to you is three daily doses of Benefiber. It definitely gives me that "filled up" feeling.

Stay away from other Fiber additives. They tend to become viscous once in the new stomach and can cause blockage according to my physician.

Benefiber is a tasteless, chalkless, sugar-free, and ultra low calorie powder that completely dissolves in any liquid.

I swear, you'll have no idea it's in there until you feel surprisingly filled up by a single Protein shake.

It's worked well for me and I highly recommend it!.
Most Active