SHARING MY COOKIE RECIPES !!!!

Vivian Prouty
on 12/16/08 1:49 am - Fort Worth, TX

Since it is getting closer to Christmas I have had lots email me for cookie recipes.....especially since I am baking some of these for the breakfast this weekend.    So I thought that I would share these with you.   Some I have tried and some I hope to try.    Some are absolutely wonderful in my opinion....such as the Oatmeal Almond Lace cookies...trust me these are to DIE for IMHO !!!!  LOL  Anyway here are some SF cookie recipes.   Remember though...most are baked with Spenda blend....which is splenda and  sugar.    Also remember just because they are SF or low sugar...they are NOT calorie free so please us caution and don't eat too many.   I don't want to be blamed if anyone gets dumping syndrome from eating these....so PLEASE BE CAUTIOUS !!!!!!  Enjoy them !!!!!

Gingersnaps
Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups almond flour 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons vital wheat gluten
2 teaspoons baking soda 1/2 cup softened butter
2/3 cup granular Splenda 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar Twin *
1 teaspoon dark molasses 4 teaspoons DaVinci Sugarfree Gingerbread syrup
1 teaspoon sugar free vanilla extract 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves 1/2 teaspoon salt
Diabetisweet or granulated maltitol/erythritol for sprinkling on cookies (optional)
Preheat oven to 300 F.

Cream butter with Splenda, molasses, and Brown Sugar Twin in a large bowl. Add DaVinci Sugarfree Gingerbread syrup and spices and mix well. Set aside.

In a separate bowl, sift together almond flour, vital wheat gluten, and baking soda. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture. Combine to make a stiff dough.

Form into small balls and place on greased cookie sheet at least 1" apart.

Bake at 300 F for 24 minutes. After first five minutes in the oven, press cookies down a bit flat. If using Diabetisweet to sprinkle tops, do this now. Continue baking, being careful not to burn and adjusting time for your oven.

Makes 20 - 24 cookies. Approximately 1.3 grams of carbohydrate per cookie

Meringue Bites

4 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for Baking

Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
Beat egg whites, cream of tartar, and vanilla at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy.
Add SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for Baking, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form and SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for Baking dissolves.
Spoon heaping tablespoonfuls of mixture onto baking sheets.
Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes; turn oven off. (If meringues begin to brown, reduce oven temperature to 225 degrees ). Let meringues stand in oven, with door closed and oven light on for 8 hours or overnight. Store in an airtight container.

Nutrition Info
Servings Per Recipe: 40
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 4
Calories from Fat: 0
Total Fat: 0g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 5mg
Total Carbs: 0g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Protein: 0g

OATMEAL PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES by Vivian Prouty

1 cup oats ( Quaker minute oats )

1 cup flour

½ teaspoon baking soda

½ teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 cup splenda

½ cup sugar free maple syrup

1 ½ teaspoon vanilla

1 egg

½ cup peanut butter

½ stick melted margarine

Mix all together. Form into balls then flatten out with a fork. Bake 10-11 minutes at 375*. Cool on pan for one minute then remove and cool on cookie rack. I place in ziplock container and freeze and take out as needed.

Orange Cranberry Cookies

1/4 cup stick butter or margarine
1 egg
3 Tbsp orange juice concentrate, thawed
3/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
1/4 cup quick or old-fashioned oats, uncooked
1/3 cup Splenda
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1 dash of salt
1 tsp grated orange peel (I usually add double)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 F.

Beat butter in medium bowl. Beat in egg and orange juice.

Mix combined flour; oats, Equal, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt and orange peel into creamed mixture until blended. Stir in dried cranberries and chopped walnuts.

Drop by teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven; 8 to 10 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly browned. Remove from baking sheet and cool completely on wire rack. Keep stored at room temperature in an airtight container. Yield: 24 cookies

Nutritional Info (Per Serving):

Calories: 65 cals
Fat: 4.0 g
Carbohydrates: 7.0 g
Protein: 1.0 g
Cholesterol: 14.0 mg
Sodium: 17 mg
Saturated Fat: 1.0 g
Fiber: 0.0 g

S F Peanut butter cookies

These are so simple..........and delicious!
1 cup peanut butter(I use creamy, but it is up to you)
1/2 cup Splenda Blend
1 egg

Roll into balls.......depending on the size, you should get 16 -24 cookies. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for approximately 17 minutes at 350.

SUGAR FREE NO BAKE CHOCOLATE COOKIES Vivian Prouty

Boil 1 ½ minutes

cups quick oats

½ cup peanut butter

Mix all together. Add more oatmeal if too thin and drop by spoonfuls on wax paper till they are set up. Place in air tight container.

Sugar Free Snickerdoodles

1 cup of butter , softend
1 1/2 c Splenda
2 eggs
2 3/4 cups of flour
2 tsp of cream of tarter
1 tsp of baking soda
Cinamion and splenda mixed to taste

Preheat over to 400. Mix together butter and sugar until smooth, then add the eggs, cream of tarter and baking soda. Mix in flour, until well mixed. roll balls into 1 inch diameter and roll in the cinanmin mixture. Place on un greesed cookie sheets and baake 8-10 minutes ( I found 8 mins goes well with my oven) Cookies are done when they just barely turn brown

*Note I found that if I flattened the cookies before putting them in the oven they turned out a bit better than just baking them in a ball.

Vivian’s OATMEAL ALMOND LACE COOKIES

1 ½ cup rolled oats

1/4 cup Spenda Brown Sugar Blend

1 t. baking powder

½ cup sliced almonds ( optional )

1/3 cup unsalted butter

1 lg. egg

½ t. vanilla

½ t. almond extract

1 t. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350* Mix oats, sugar, baking powder, almonds. Then add butter ( melted ) egg. & flavorings & cinnamon. Drop by spoonfuls on prepared cookie sheet and flatten. Bake till starts to brown around the edges. Let cookies stand 2 minutes before removing from pan.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Vivian Prouty
on 12/16/08 2:20 am - Fort Worth, TX
SOMETHING HAPPENED TO THE NO BAKE COOKIE RECIPE.....SORRY....HERE IS THE ENTIRE RECIPE !!!!

SUGAR FREE NO BAKE CHOCOLATE COOKIES Vivian Prouty

Boil 1 ½ minutes

½ cup butter

2 cups Splenda or 1 cup sugar and 1 cup Splenda

4 Tablespoons dry cocoa

½ cup milk

3 cups quick oats

½ cup peanut butter

Mix all together. Add more oatmeal if too thin and drop by spoonfuls on wax paper till they are set up. Place in air tight container.

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.

Vicky S.
on 12/17/08 1:31 am - Taunton, MA
Thanks so much for sharing these recipes!  

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be." ~ David Viscott   

Vivian Prouty
on 12/17/08 3:50 am - Fort Worth, TX
You are so welcome Vicky....hope you enjoy them !!!!   Merry Christmas !!!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/17/08 5:21 am - Fort Worth, TX
Thank you so much for sharing your recipes, they all sound wonderful. You are a sweethearI for posting these for us. I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas and Wonderful New Year.

Vivian Prouty
on 12/17/08 6:30 am - Fort Worth, TX
You are so welcome Brenda.   You have a Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New Year too.

Most Active