Flying out the day I get my first fill

aphephobicfriend
on 12/13/08 3:15 am - Ocala, FL
hey I just realized that I'm flying home for the holidays the same day that I get my band tightened for the first time. Is that going to be a problem? I already booked the tickets and Ive had this appointment for a while- its been over six weeks since I was banded. I just don't want to have to wait till after new years to start getting some restriction! what do y'all think?
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly!
Stacy C.
on 12/13/08 7:47 am - Laguna Hills, CA
Hi there! I don't think you'll have any problems at all! I had 3 ccs in my first fill, and it did very little to the restriction. I know that flying can sometimes tighten your band a little, but since this is your first fill, you shouldn't have any issues at all! Your tummy may be a little tender, but that's about it! I had a bruise on my belly from the needle, for about 5 days. Just make sure you drink enough water. Dehydration can cause the band to get tighter. So the flight combined with dehydration could make you too tight. Hope this helps!!!

9cc Realize Band: 1st Fill 10/27 3cc,  2nd fill 1/22 2cc, 3rd fill 3/5 1.5 cc

bornagain3
on 12/13/08 8:38 am - Scottsville, VA
I don't think you will have a problem.  My surgeon had me on liquid diet for one day after and pureed one day after that then soft solids.  But different surgeons do different things.

Jeane 
aphephobicfriend
on 12/13/08 11:36 pm - Ocala, FL
thanks guys. I ended up emailing my surgeon, and he called me and said it was okay- he was just concerned if I needed to get unfilled at all that I wouldn't be able to, but he knows people where I'm going, so I can just find someone to do it if that becomes an issue, which I'm sure it won't. He'll probably be starting me off with 4 ccs.
Carol422
on 12/14/08 1:29 am - Orland Park, IL
You should be fine.
My suggestion is to be careful eating.
Make sure you take small bites, put your fork down while chewing, and chew extra long. Eat slowly.
Most of my problems after a fill stem from eating too fast and not chewing well enough.
Carol

aphephobicfriend
on 12/14/08 1:10 pm - Ocala, FL
thanks carol. crazy you're from orland park- I worked there a couple of summers, my uncle runs a sleep center there. it's a beautiful place, but I bet its coooolllddd now. I will def. be careful after my fill I dont want to try to find a doctor in louisiana to deal with issues
Most Active