No more weight lost

hart1222
on 12/12/08 12:31 am
I had my surgery on Nov 18th lost ten lbs in 7 days but now I'm stuck. I go Monday for my first fill. Has any one else had this problem?  Will the weight start coming off after my fill? Worried!!
wildheart63
on 12/12/08 2:57 am, edited 12/12/08 2:57 am - IL
ok so i am 3 months out and have lost 12lbs, i have had 3 fills and i finally have restriction, most people do not lose much weight if any until they have good restriction,my first fill was 3.3cc then the second was 2.7cc  then this last one was 1cc so i have 7cc in my realize band and i feel restriction ......a few bites and i'm good. it will happen ,it is different for everyone,i get discouraged too, do your self a favor and don;t compare to everyone on here, some people just lose and others have to wait for restriction....like me!
you'll be fine just diet until ou have restriction.
lori

Carol422
on 12/12/08 5:11 am - Orland Park, IL
Lori's right, don't get discouraged and don't compare yourself to others. Each of us has a different way we carry our weight, we are different heights and may have different medical issues.

Keep doing what your doctor has told you and keep exercising. You may be losing inches instead of weight at this time. Have you taken your measuerments? Sometimes taking them once a month or two can let you know if your body is changing.

Sometimes it takes awhile to get restriction. You can get restriction today and it can be gone in a week. Don't despair, we are all in this together and are here if you need a shoulder to lean on.
Carol

Monet2009
on 12/12/08 6:19 am - FL
VSG on 04/05/13 with
I would just ask to evaluate your eating, I have still been following the high protein diet my surgeon requires prior to surgery.  I have to eat very slow since getting the band, but I am hoping to have more restriction after my 1st fill on 12/22.  Good Luck!

Monet

Stacy C.
on 12/13/08 7:56 am - Laguna Hills, CA
I'm like Wildheart, I've lost 21 lbs and my surgery was over 3 months ago. It's been a slow process for me, but that's what I expected. I'm trying my best not to compare myself to everyone else on this board. I'm just taking it day by day, meal by meal, and letting my body shed the lbs at it's own pace! I only have 3 ccs in my band, and I'm going for my second fill on the 18th. I don't expect to see to much difference frm that one either. I know it's the right restriction that is going to make the weight loss possible, so I'm trying to be as patient as I can!  But it's not easy, that's for sure!!! Just hang in there and take it one day at a time!!!

9cc Realize Band: 1st Fill 10/27 3cc,  2nd fill 1/22 2cc, 3rd fill 3/5 1.5 cc

bornagain3
on 12/13/08 8:51 am - Scottsville, VA
I have my 3 month check up the Tuesday after Christmas.  I have only lost 25 pounds but know I have lost many inches.  I struggle with my food sometimes as I still don't have as much restriction as i would like.  But maybe at the end of the month.

Jeane 
wildheart63
on 12/14/08 11:48 pm - IL
I HAVE AN UPDAT!!!!!
I HAVE LOST 5 LBS SINCE WEDNESDAY'S FILL....IT WAS A 1CC FILL (I CALL IT A TWEEK) NOW I HAVE 7CC'S AND I HAVE RESTRICTION...WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HELLO WEIGHT LOSS!
LORI

renee K.
on 12/15/08 4:55 am - Augusta, GA
iTS WILL BE OK  Or at least thats what i keep telling myself, so i will tell you too!  I have NO restriction and never have!  BUT i am loosing inches inspead of pounds.  I dont know how my doc will see no pounds, but I can see inches.  It is very frustratin, but i did go get some new pants today and was able to comfortably put on a 20, when i was in a tight 26 at the beginning of this journey back in May!!!!!!!!

Most Active