Down to just hours...

renegadebkr
on 12/10/08 1:42 am, edited 12/10/08 1:44 am - Waldorf, MD
Post Date: 12/10/08 7:48 am
Last Edit: 12/10/08 7:52 am
I am now officially down to 17 hours til surgery. I am getting more happy than scared. My emotions like my OH family said would be have been all over the place but I am keeping them in check with playing some online texas hold em, and listening to my Ipod. I again want to thank my online family and all of you know who you are for all the support which I know will continue after surgery, Man what a birthday and xmas present this is to me.

Dusty

Dusty Cassidy   " It's not a real adventure unless you come home with a scar "                    
Current weight  219.0 Lbs   My  Ideal weight  188   I love my sleeve 

tbines401
on 12/10/08 10:14 pm - Columbia, SC
Congrats!  You will do just fine. I got my band on DEC 2nd and i had all those emotions too. Everything will go well keep me posted and if you need to talk I am here,.
renee K.
on 12/10/08 11:11 pm - Augusta, GA

Well, you should be getting ready by now!  If not already in surgery.  I prayed for you this morning-so i know things are going to be great.  I also prayed for your surgeon and his team to be refreshed and ready for you.

Let us know when you are home and on the mend!!

Nicole Wilson
on 12/10/08 11:55 pm - Indianapolis, IN
I just had my surgery yesterday and I was so nervous.  I told the nurse that I was very nervous and she gave me a valium and it helped alot.  I did take my ipod but the nurses were in there alot with my iv, heprin shot, takikng my blood pressure, temp, putting the things on my calves so I wouldn't get blood clots and etc.  I really didn't have alot of free time.  Then about 45 minutes before surgery the anth. and dr. came in.  I was so ready for it to all be over.  You will do just fine.....I also had the Chaplin say a prayer for me. I didn't have alot of time to do anything else....Good Luck...you will do just flne. 
Carol422
on 12/11/08 1:01 am - Orland Park, IL
I hope your on your way to a speedy recovery.
Let us know how your doing.
Carol

Denise M.
on 12/11/08 6:45 am
 Congrats on getting banded, Dusty!

I hope all is well and you are recovering nicely.  I'm still at least a month out from getting my band, but it is nice to know that people are going through the same thing . . . anxiety, excitement and so on.

Feel better soon and get to being the big loser you are! 
Denise

Most Active