Protein Shakes

BigDaddy16
on 12/9/08 10:11 am
Well I just got my date today,December 23 here I come. I have a question for everyone out there,what protein shakes do you prefer. My doctor sells Optifast,but I was wondering if there were popular alternatives? I start liquid diet 12/16 and would like to get a couple days "practice" in first
renee K.
on 12/9/08 11:18 am - Augusta, GA
CHIKE is awesome!  I beleive it saved me in my pos op days!!!  Unjury is good and I have been told that isopure is good too.

renegadebkr
on 12/9/08 5:21 pm - Waldorf, MD

Go to www.smartforme.com and check it out. It is made by the folks from optifast but after they were bought out. I am doing the chocolate and I like it. It is like a thick shake.

Dusty Cassidy   " It's not a real adventure unless you come home with a scar "                    
Current weight  219.0 Lbs   My  Ideal weight  188   I love my sleeve 

mikew1964
on 12/11/08 3:47 am - Harvest, AL
I like the Unjury, particularly the chicken soup and vanilla.  They also have unflavored, chocolate, and strawberry.  They have big containers as well as sample packs.
doreen513
on 2/5/09 1:40 pm - PA
I have a question for you.  I have the unjury sample packs.  I am ordering the bigger bottles but not sure about the chicken soup.  the others you can make smoothies out of and the unflavored you can put in anything.  Do you do anything special with the chicken soup?  Please let me know.  I am not going to order it if there are no tricks for it.
Thanks,
Doreen
([email protected])- if you have any ideas for the chicken soup
RackeSRN
on 12/11/08 5:46 am - Florence, KY
I can't deal with the thick, sweet protein shakes like optifast and unjury so I get Nectar by Syntrax. It is a whey isolate and surgeon approved. The best price is on supplementwarehouse.com. Nectar comes in juice flavors like orange, lemonade, cherry, peach, fuzzy navel and tropical punch (and also in chocolate, cappucino, vanilla...) and I mix one scoop (23 gms protein) with about 16 ounces of water and 16 ounces of a complimentary Crystal Light (like adding lemonade Nectar to Raspberry CL). It is not near as sweet, is not thick at all and if you don't like the daily "milkshake", it is also a way of getting your fluids in. About 24$ per 2.2 lb tub and each tub has about one month worth of protein (32 scoops). Good Luck!
rzrrob
on 12/14/08 1:15 pm
try isopure it is clear and goes down easy....the best one for me todate
Nicole Wilson
on 12/23/08 1:44 am - Indianapolis, IN
I like the carnation instant breakfast ones........
Most Active