Newly Banded and Hungry!

lillybell68
on 12/7/08 11:50 pm
Boy, it's good to know what to expect after my surger on 1/6/09.  I assumed that your appetite was instantly reduced.  Obviously not, but now I'm prepared for that.  How long till the first fill?  I was also glad to read the post from the woman who went off the diet and paid by having dry heaves.  I'll know what will happen if I don't stick to the program.

HoustonNurse9333
on 12/8/08 3:44 am
Wooohoooo  Jan will be here before you know it! 
One of the first things I heard from my physician at the first meeting was to not base my procedure or expected outcomes on someone elses experience.   I work at a hospital which is designated as a Bariatric Center of Excellence.   I've spoken with many other people here who have had surgery by the same group and each person told me that it was one of the best decisions they have ever made for themselves.  That was very comforting.
I had read many olf the postings here and one of the things that threw me off was the number of people who said they had NO appetite for a month or so.  Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that I was one of those.  =)
It was very helpful for me to read the responses of others who also experienced hunger after their sugery.  Now I know this isn't all that unusual.  I've changed my early-post-surgery full liquid diet to include all of the protein they recommend and I find that I am not experiencing that hunger at this time.   Hmmmm Apparently there's a reason they suggest  all that protein (well, there are many reasons.. but I needed to learn to stick with the tried and true program).  All is wonderful at this time and I wish you the very best of luck with your surgery.  Yayyyy!!!!!!
Most Active