1st fill scared

sandra37
on 12/1/08 10:31 am - athens, AL
hey every one, i need a fill but i'm afraid to get one. it turns out my dr doesn't feel the need to deaden the area before he sticks the big needle into my stomach! this i'm sure will hurt badly! has any one ever had a fill done this way. did it hurt real bad?he also doesn't do the floresent light, or have you drink the barrum afterward. should i look for a new dr?
malibubabykt
on 12/1/08 1:37 pm, edited 12/1/08 1:40 pm - Chattanooga Area, GA
yea my surgeon never used the deadening shot. I guess i never understood the need, because the pain of a fill is the needle ***** itself, so why would another needle ***** help? I do have floro every time, but it's not necessary. Some people only have it once a year.

You're been through the hard part of the surgery itself, so there's no need to be scared of a fill. Good luck!

Darrin D.
on 12/1/08 9:11 pm - GA

Hey Sandra, fills arent so bad.  For me the worst part is the needle stick when they deaden it.  Seems like one needle stick should be about the same as any other. 

Not sure about the whole not drinking anything after, how do you know if you have a good fill?  Or too much?  Reflux from an overfill is a pain, both my fills have gone to the point of having to much in, but the swallow test shows it and they pull a littl bit back out. 

As for looking for another doc, that has to be entirely up to you.  Who are you more comfortable with? Have you talked to your doctor?  See if he can, or will, do the Lidocaine to numb you up, see if you can have a fill using flouro?  Remember, you are paying the bills, dont let the whole 'doctor' thing intimidate you into not asking questions and getting what you want.

2nd Fill 2.5cc's for a total of 6cc in a 10cc Realize Band
bornagain3
on 12/2/08 6:38 am - Scottsville, VA
My doctor does deaden the area, but I don't do the floresent light or drink the barrium.  He just had me drink a small cup of water.

I am going for my 2nd fill on Thursday.

Jeane
jamielynneC
on 12/8/08 12:09 pm - pinopolis, SC
i'm getting  a little nervous about my fill, but i am excited! i have definately felt more hungry! Try to be positive about the fill and think it will help with the weight loss!!!
Melanie C.
on 1/3/09 11:10 am - Inverness, FL
I havent had a fill yet and I just had my surgery on 12/16.. But I dont understand about the shot to deaden the area.. my Doctor showed me the needle he uses to do the fill and it seemed smaller then other needles..he said the needles he uses are smaller then they use to be..but if they are going to deaden the area with a needle then your going to get a needle regardless...Im kinda confused..
Most Active