almost 4 week post op

clovett
on 11/30/08 1:26 pm - farmingdale, NJ
Hello everyone, I get my first fill on Dec 14th. The amount of food i use to eat has definately changed, but i thought i wouldn't be able to eat alot for instance, I ate a green apple, a cup a soup, and 3inch sandwhich. Is that considered a lot of food?  Will my first fill change all that? Should i be this hungry? Someone help please. God Bless
stiletto6507
on 12/1/08 1:44 am
hello, i to am on week 5, first fill is dec 15th.  i have noticed that since the swelling has gone down i to can eat more then i thought i would without pain.  soft foods, like grits, i can eat a cup with no problem.  i am wondering also if the fill will bring the amount of food eaten back down to a smaller portion.

jbranch
on 12/1/08 7:32 am

Hi.  I am 11 weeks out and go for my 2nd fill tomorrow.  I, too, was able to eat atleast a cup of food, even after my 1st fill.  I have been told, that your band is not filled yet because they want you to heal from the surgery.  So right now, we dont have much restriction.  That is why it is important not to drink after your meals or you will wa**** right through to your big part of stomach and wont stay full.  I have read it can take several fills until you are at the right restriction level.  I didnt have much appetite for about 6 weeks.  For me, it was important to not eat any more than 1 cup.  I stay around 800 calories.  So far, I am satisfied with that amount (just not 'full')  and  am still trying to get used to it in my head, that that is enough food.  Good luck to you.

Vicky S.
on 12/3/08 3:06 am - Taunton, MA
In my experience, my first fill didn't do too much to curb my appetite.   I don't think your choice of foods listed is too much food.  I try to stay between 900-1200 calories myself, and make low carb choices.  So far, it's working.  I see a new nutritionist on 12/6 and am curious what her plan will be.

I had my 2nd fill yesterday, and am currently following 3 days liquids and 3 days purees... so yes, today I am VERY hungry, lol.

Good luck... all I can add is that I drink alot of Crystal Light when I feel hungry.  The SF sweetness of it tricks my brain into thinking I ate something good!

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be." ~ David Viscott   

Most Active