Keeping Food Warm--for post op patients :)

jazzyone30
on 11/30/08 7:46 am

Hi... I still in the beginning stages of this process.... I still have a few more appoinments to go before i meet with the surgeon..how ever in the behavoir group that i have been attending someone mentioned that were having a hard time eating the food in smaller bits and taking 20 mins to eat becuase it was cold.... the doc mentioned that some post op paients use a hot plate or warming plate.... but where do i buy one ??? i know for myself i can't eat cold food but i don't want to eat to fast once i have the surgery and get sick.... any help would be appriciated... :)

nwdietdiva
on 11/30/08 2:44 pm
I found warming plates on amazon and Ebay. good luck.
LaShelle2
on 12/1/08 3:57 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
I haave a candle warmer from Walmart. Was $4.96. It's made for candles, but keeps my mug warm. Look in the candle section. I keep it on my desk.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

jbranch
on 12/1/08 7:44 am
Are you getting lap band?  I must be doing remarkable because I am able to eat at a decent time, so that my food does not get cold.  I was a fast quick eater before and was worried but it isnt that bad.  The main thing is to 'remember'.  It has helped me to cut up my food on my plate before I start eating and then just chew it well.  Also, you are not eating that much so it really doesnt have time to get cold.  1/2 to 1 cup of food.  Good luck.
jazzyone30
on 12/1/08 10:40 am
Hi yes i am getting banding... but at my behavior change group it was the thing alot of people said that they had tried to eat slower and that there food was getting cold ... i found that was happing too... the doctor said that alot of post op patients use a warm plate... so i was trying to find one .... :) but best of luck on your journey :)
Most Active