Four days out...

horse_girl
on 11/29/08 12:31 am - North Richland Hills, TX
And feeling pretty good! My first few days after surgery were really rough, however. I was in quite a bit of pain, but I'm doing better everyday! So far I haven't had any problems...other than having trouble sleeping. I never sleep on my back, but I'm too sore to sleep any other way!

I'm still learning what it feels like when I'm full and when I'm hungry. It seems when I'm feeling "hungry", my stomach just feels kind of empty. Basically I'm just re-learning how to eat and drink.

Well, I hope everyone made it through Thanksgiving with no problems!

Advice, shared stories and questions are welcome!

Thank you,
Haley
Stacy C.
on 11/29/08 3:00 am - Laguna Hills, CA
Hi Haley! Congratulations and welcome to being banded!! I know what you mean about sleeping on your back! I was so sore every morning from not moving all night! It helped my back to put a pillow under my knees, it helped press my back to the mattress more. It took me a couple of weeks to be able to sleep on my right side. and then another week or so to sleep on my left, my port side.

I had no appetite for a couple of weeks after the surgery, but once the swelling went down, and I was back on solid foods, the hunger came back. The full feeling is different now, the food sits higher up so the full pressure is higher up.

Thanksgiving was no problem! Just had some turkey and a couple tablesspoons of the side dishes, and passed completely on the pie. I did have wine though!

Take care, make sure you walk as much as you can to get rid of the gas!

Stacy

9cc Realize Band: 1st Fill 10/27 3cc,  2nd fill 1/22 2cc, 3rd fill 3/5 1.5 cc

Darrin D.
on 11/29/08 6:31 am - GA
Hi Haley, welcome to the loser's bench.  Those first few days are rough, between not getting enough sleep because you just cant get comfortable and not being able to shower (EWWWWWW!), it will make you rethink having the surgery.  But then, that passes and you realize that its just a small hurdle and things get rapidly better.

And yes, walk, walk, walk, it will help with not getting any kind of respiratory issues, but more importantly it will REALLY help when the ga****s. Walking helps move it through, and, just as important, if you are walking when you let 'er rip, then nobody can blame it on you because you arent there anymore.

2nd Fill 2.5cc's for a total of 6cc in a 10cc Realize Band
Most Active