Back Pain while slurping/eating !

Cathy M.
on 11/28/08 10:18 am - AZ
REALIZE Band on 11/19/08 with
Hello all. I had my Realize band placed on 11-19-08, so am now 9 days out of surgery. Still on my liquids and creamed strained soups. I have a pain in my back when I eat. It's on my left side and seems to be right behind the area the port was placed in the front. Feels like I'm getting punched. Seems to only take place while I'm eating/drinking my meals. I do take them down slowly, and it hurts the whole time, so I can't imagine taking them down faster. There is no fill and Dr.told me day after surgery that there is no restrictions yet. Does pr dod anyone else seem to have this pain, and does it go away? I know I'm healing, and I hope that's it. I see my Dr. next week on Friday, so I'll be checking with him, but maybe it'll be worked out by then.  Thanks, Cathy
[
Nicole Wilson
on 11/28/08 10:41 am - Indianapolis, IN
I haven't had my surgery yet, but it sounds like you should call the doctor, I don't think that is normal.  I don't think that I would wait until next Friday to let you dr. know.  Happy Holidays....
motorhomemama
on 11/28/08 1:14 pm - Okotoks, Canada
HI Cathy, it's Eydie.  I had my band the same day as you and am still on full fliuds too.  I have had some back pain but it isn't associated with eating at all.  I think you should call your doc before next Friday just in case. It doesn't hurt me to take my meals at all but I do get a lot of belching and gurggling.

Hope all is well.  Eydie
342/298/280175  highest / surgery  wtNov 19/08/ current/ goal
Most Active