Is it possible?

Robin H.
on 11/27/08 11:05 pm - palm harbor, FL
It seems that most of the folks that have opted for banding have around 100 or so pounds they would like to lose.   I have closer to 200.....is that amount of weight loss possible using the band?   Are there any really "bigger" losers out there that can share some insight to their journy for me please?

Thanks

Robin
Stacy C.
on 11/28/08 11:54 am - Laguna Hills, CA
Hi Robin!! Yep, it's totally possible!!! I suggest posting this question on the lap band board. There are WAY more people on that board, and quite a few that have 200 lbs to lose! I have about 140 to lose, so I have a long journey ahead of me too! I was banded a few months ago, and it's been slow going for me (my own fault) but I LOVE having this tool with me all the time! I know I'll get to goal in time!

Hope this helps!

9cc Realize Band: 1st Fill 10/27 3cc,  2nd fill 1/22 2cc, 3rd fill 3/5 1.5 cc

kellydv
on 11/28/08 11:03 pm - Watertown, MA
Robin-

What prompted me to go the WLS route was getting weighed for the first time in years last April (I weighed in at 347 - YIKES).  I was banded on 9/25 and I've lost upwards of 49 lbs so far (some of that pre-op).  I still have about 120#  (at least) to go to be at the optimum textbook weight for myself.  I feel VERY confident that I'm going to hit that and am blessed to have been given this chance (and this tool) to assist me on that journey.  You can do it too- you just need to remember that the band is a tool and it won't work unless it is coupled with your other "tool" (your brain).  So far the hardest part for me is the head part - I need to get this head hunger out of the way which is a struggle I deal with everyday.  That said, I have an awesome support system in my friends and family and my support group and they make that struggle easier and easier.

Good luck to you.

Kelly
Robin H.
on 11/28/08 11:47 pm - palm harbor, FL
THank you both for your replies and words of encouragement!  

Robin
Most Active