Weight Loss Time??

alabamakatie
on 11/27/08 9:17 am
 I am in the process of finishing up all of my insurance requirements and hopefully will have everything I need next week ready for the insurance department of my surgeon's office to submit. If that is the case, she said that once she submits and it is accepted they can schedule me in just a couple weeks!! I want to know what other's stories are on the time frame of weight loss. I do not have unrealistic expectations,  but I would just like to know how much weight others have loss and in what time frame it took. Thanks for sharing!!
Stacy C.
on 11/28/08 8:13 am - Laguna Hills, CA
Hi! It looks like lots of people read your post, but no one has replied yet...the time frame is different for everyone. I've only lost about 20 lbs, but I haven't started exercising yet. There are people on the lap band board that had their surgery a few months ago and are already down 50 lbs. We're all different, you just need to go at a pace that is comfortable for you. My method is "one step at a time." I had the surgery, and right now I'm focusing on what I'm eating, and drinking lots of water. After the first of the year, I'm going to start incorporating exercise. Baby steps for me. I'll get there, I know I will!

You know that the average weight loss with the band is 1-2 lbs a week. You WILL lose weight immediately following surgery because you're on a very restricted diet. Once you start eating solid food again, it's very likely you'll stop losing, or even gain a little. Just remember that until you get to your "sweet spot" it's like good old fashion dieting. And it may take you 3-4 months to get to your sweet spot. So just be patient, and take it one day at a time!

Good luck!
Stacy

9cc Realize Band: 1st Fill 10/27 3cc,  2nd fill 1/22 2cc, 3rd fill 3/5 1.5 cc

Most Active