First Fill Scheduled for Next Week...

Bratty_Nicole
on 11/6/08 12:09 pm - Aurora, CO
Hi all!  I am scheduled for my first fill next Tuesday and just wanted to touch base with some more experienced Realizers...  My port is still a little bit tender (when I bend at the waist it is still kind of sore and after sitting at my desk for 10 + hours it is also sore) and I was wondering if they will still give me a fill?  I think I really need one even though I have lost almost 30 pounds in a month (I get pretty damn hungry).  I just don't want them to have a reason to turn me away...
~Nicole  

I joined the Realize Band - 10/2/2008 

My blog:
www.nickleinapickle.blogspot.com
wildheart63
on 11/7/08 2:38 am - IL
I;M GOING FOR MY SECOND FILL TODAY.I HAD 3.3CC PUT IN ON 10/10/08 AND I DIDN;T HAVE ANY RESTRICTION SO I AM HOPING FOR SOME TODAY!
MY PORT WAS SORE FOR ABOUT A MONTH AFTER THE SURGERY,I ALSO HAD AN ALLERGIC REACTION TO THE TAPE THEY USED SO I HAD SOME STEROID CREAM RX FROM THE SURGEON TO USE .IT CLEARED IN THREE DAYS AND I HAD MY FILL THAT FRIDAY SO NO NOTHING MUCH SHOULD STOP THEM FROM DOING A FILL....THE PORT IS ANCHORED TO IT IS ATTACHED TO THE MUSCLE AND IT DOES HURT,OR IS TENDER. IT IS THE ONE INCISION THAT TAKES THE LONGEST TO HEAL.
GOOD LUCK TO YOU
LORI

Jennyo35
on 11/8/08 6:05 am
I don't think they would refuse you a fill because your port is sore.  I think that is normal.  The fill is not bad at all.  I was so worried but it was not painful and only took a few minutes.  My first fill was 3 cc, 2nd was 1.5, and I just got one on Friday of 1cc.  So I now have 5.5 cc total.  I hope this will do it becuase I do not have much restriction at all. 

My port was tender for the first three months or so, and recently I started to do some ab exercises and pilaties and it has definately been sore.  I know that it will not detach itself, but it still worries me a little bit.  Also as I have lost weight I definately notice it a little more.  I'm smaller in the waist and abdomen area (but plenty of junk in the trunk) and now I can feel the port. 

Let me know if I can answer any more questions for you.

By the way - LOVE your avatar.  I have a thing for Jack!

bornagain3
on 11/8/08 11:57 am - Scottsville, VA
I'm hoping for a fill on Monday!

Jeane
debbieperez55
on 11/9/08 7:09 am
I had my first fill almost three weeks ago.  It was a breeze.  My Dr sends you to the Radiologist for the barium and "flouro" whatever type.  They like it because they can tell how much you need, no guessing.  I got 5.5 cc in my Realize band.  And - it didn't hurt!  I was plenty scared, but it was find.  My port was a little sore after, but I think that was from the proding. 

Don't be afraid - everything will be okay.  Debbie
pennyandcj
on 11/10/08 11:37 pm - Carlton, GA
Hello Nicole,

I think it is great that you have already lost 30 pounds.  I had my surgery on October 23rd and lost 16 pounds the first week.  The second week 1 pound.  I hope my third week weigh in is better.  I am glad that you posted pain about the port.  I also have pain where mine is.  It hurts if I drive too long or sit too long.  Bending at the waist also hurts and sleeping on my left side hurts.   Sometimes walking will make it hurt.  I look forward to the day when it goes away.  I get my first fill on December 5th.  Good luck on your first fill.

God Bless,

Penny
Most Active