Newly Banded Feeling Great!

LatinFlower
on 11/6/08 8:13 am - Philadelphia, PA
I hope that evryone feels as good as I do after being banded. I had a rough couple of days, but I am seriously ready to go back to work. I have been loosing consistently and have not even had my first fill. I just was banded on Monday. I am learning about food all over again. So at this point I know I can survive on liquids alone and that its plenty to get me through the day. I cant say I am hungry yet either. If I drink something or eat some Jello or pudding or something I am fine for a good period of time. I cant complain, I love my Band so far. I am only questioning onething though, it feels like the port moves around its like baby feet moving inside me sort of. Sounds weird I know, but so true. I have put my hand on it it sticks out pretty far you can see it thru my shirt, but thats because of swelling Im sure. but I honestly feel it when I walk or bend sometimes. Perhaps its not in a good spot? what do you think? It kind of freaks me out Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated. My appointment is on Monday so perhaps I should wait till then?
LatinFlower
cassi75474
on 11/6/08 8:58 am - West Tawakoni, TX

I was banded on Monday as well.  I have not been hungry at all either.  My only problems have been due to a cold I came home from the hospital with (coughing and sneezing hurts).  I have been losing really good as well and am very happy.  My only other difficulty is actually getting enough protein down, since I am not hungry.  I did actually feel a hunger twang today, but it only lasted through 2 sips of protein shake, then I felt like I had eaten a whole Thanksgiving spread.

As for your port, I am not actually even sure where mine is.  I don't think that you should see it or feel it.  I would call your doctor about that.  If I were you, I would call the doc and see if he thinks that you should wait until Monday. 

Good luck, and isn't life wonderful! 

Losing weight and loving it!  Feeling better every day!

bornagain3
on 11/6/08 10:57 am - Scottsville, VA
Hopefully you are just able to see and feel the port because of your stomach being swelled, but I think you should call the Dr. just to check.

I had surgery Sept. 29th and have no idea where my port is, but am hoping to get a fill on Monday.

Blessings,

Jeane
Rain13
on 11/6/08 1:47 pm
Hi Everybody!  I am new here and I was just banded on 10-29-08!  I have only lost about 4 pounds since surgery.  Is this not so good?  My docotr didn't put me on a liquid diet before surgery so I was wondering if this is why I am slow starting out of the gate.  I am feeling stronger and I'm just anxious to get moving.  I am on a full liquid phase in my diet and I am ready for the mushy phase now!  I can feel my port and I have some swelling too. It seems like my swelling is starting to rapidly go away now!  Thanks for listening! 
jennifernc88
on 11/8/08 4:21 am - Apex, NC
I was banded on Wednesday, November 5 and last night in the shower I moved the wrong way and it felt like the port was ripped out of my stomach. Today its moving around quite a bit and as you mentioned, it feels like a babys foot moving and poking around. Hope this is normal. How easy is it to dislocate the port?
Jennifer

Remember yesterday is history, tomorrow's a mystery and today is a gift thats why they call it the present. 

LatinFlower
on 11/8/08 7:56 am - Philadelphia, PA
Strange yes, mine moves too. Wow a few of my steri-strips fell off and to my amazment, the incisions look great infact they are almost invisible. Thats an added plus. But this port thing is a little bothersome. I have opted to wait to see them on Monday, so this way seeing is more of a better way for them to see and feel what I am talking about. I hurt anymore, when I do the shakes and Jello, my goodness I am so full from so little. Before I could eat so much more. But I guess thats a good thing. I too am having issues getting all my protein and water down. How can you do all this in a day, I mean I feel like a walking tank as it is. Now Im ingesting more fuilds . I am trying very hard, this is why we have a board to post on. So we can help each other and guide each thru all these phases and quirky moments. Thank you all for the great responses.
LatinFlower
cassi75474
on 11/9/08 10:43 am - West Tawakoni, TX
Hey darlin.  I cant wait to hear what you doc says.  I don't know where mine is at all, so I am anxious out that as well.  I am also hoping that he will allow me to start exercising at least a little. 

I will be checking in tomorrow to see what you heard.  Will update on mine too.

Good luck!

Losing weight and loving it!  Feeling better every day!

LatinFlower
on 11/11/08 5:11 am - Philadelphia, PA
Well I went and everything is good. I am healing well. Im sad to say for some reason I havent lost anymore weight. I think its slowing down. but I think its just a little snafoo...LOL. As far as my port is concerned. It is normal and its not infected, in fact I have on 2 strips left on there to fall off. She said i am still full of fluids and that once the swelling in my muscles goes downa nd the fluid expells from my mid section I will see a dramatic difference. It is not at all abnormal. Thank God, I was worried I would have a lumpy belly for a while there. I am anxious to see the scale move downward into onederland. I havent seen that in years. I hate when people say oh, you dont even look that heavy. I wanna just say oh and your not that skinny either. OMG I am ever so happy i only chose to tell a select few of my co-workers. The ones I know will support me, and not try to be my doctor on this. We have lots of hypocrodriacts at my workplace and everyone has a medical degree too , yet they arent doctors. hahahaha. Wanna bes is what they are. i have no patience or tolerance for those who think they have all the answers. I am happy withmy decision and i have the best of friends right here on this board. Thank you all for listening and helping me out.
LatinFlower
kellydv
on 11/11/08 8:02 am - Watertown, MA

My port area stuck out for almost 2 weeks post-op - I had surgery on 9/25/08.  It was swelling.  The area also pinched sometimes if I moved quickly while sleeping or bent too much.  I am now about 6 weeks out, had my first fill and all the discomfort and weirdness of the port has subsided and it doesn't even feel like I have anything in there at all.   It is probably part of the healing process.  The lapband port is stitched in but the realize band is actually attached to a muscle in your abdomen (it has claws that they attach it with) so that is why the swelling is as it is currently. 

Definitely check with your doc to make sure nothing's going on there but I think he/she will tell you it's part of the healing process and will subside!!

Congrats on your surgery - glad to hear you're doing so well.

I've lost 26 pounds since surgery and a total of 48 since I started my journey.  Good luck to you!! 

Kelly

Most Active