hungry, feeling sick

sandra37
on 11/5/08 10:11 pm - athens, AL
i'm so hungry, has any body ever cheated and started on thier protein  shakes a little early? i am dying just drinking water. this is 4 days out for me do you think it would hurt to have a protein shake with milk?
Serenty
on 11/5/08 11:40 pm - GA
What are you eating? Remember you can have clear broth, jello, clear apple juice not jus****er.
Serenty
cassi75474
on 11/6/08 12:09 am - West Tawakoni, TX

My doctor told me that from day 2, I was supposed to do clear liquids, broth, watered down juices, crystal light, K2O, skim milk, jello, popcicles, pudding or yogurty, broth soups strained, creeam of wheat, malt o meal or grits (no oatmeal), and whey protein shakes.

Check with your doctor.  Mine sent me home with this binder with the full instructions.  The diet is included in here.  I just summarized the diet for the first 3 weeks.  Talk to the doctor.  You shouldn't be hungry. 

Losing weight and loving it!  Feeling better every day!

bornagain3
on 11/6/08 4:21 am - Scottsville, VA
I didn't start the protein shakes until after 2 weeks.

Jeane

stiletto6507
on 11/6/08 5:57 am
i started protien shakes day 2 after surgery, one for breakfast, one for lunch, and broth for dinner.  my doc said i eat start eating cream soup around the 3rd day after the surgery.

Cathy M.
on 11/6/08 9:44 pm - AZ
REALIZE Band on 11/19/08 with
Diddo with Cassi's reply. My doctor is allowing all of what she said. My Dr.is in AZ.  It's funny how different the docs rules are around the states. I'm on my liquid diet (day 3). Another memeber I spoke to in another state was on a pre-op diet of 1500 calories and 2 days liquid before the surgery. Mine is 2 wk.pre-op liquids. I suppose it depends on each individual, but our docs out here are the same regime for all of us, no matter on the size we are. I'm glad our post op diet has more allowed starting on day 2 from surgery. Good luck and congradulations on your surgery being completed.    Cathy
[
motorhomemama
on 11/9/08 10:10 am - Okotoks, Canada
HI Cathy, my surgery is the 19th too and I am on a liquid diet for two weeks as well.  Mine consitsts of 4 cans of Ensure HP and 2 cups skim milk a day .  It's not too bad, surprizingly I am not too humgry...yet!! This is day 5 of the liquids so far.

It is funny that the protocol is different for every surgeon hey?  I have two days of clear fluids in the hospital then start the full fluids.  Because I live 4 1/2 hours away from the doc and hospital I will stay in Edmonton for a couple of extra days just to make sure all is well before I go home..Should be fun trying to eat what I need while lliving in a hotel room!!!  Znother challenge...yahoo!!!

Good luck with your surgery.

Eydie
342/298/280175  highest / surgery  wtNov 19/08/ current/ goal
cassi75474
on 11/9/08 11:06 am - West Tawakoni, TX
Eydie,

This is what my first out of the hospital food is......

Protein shakes.  I use EAS Advantedge from Wal Mart.  Personally the chocolate is the best.  Then, there is soup (strained).  So, I usually get like chicken soup and drink the broth and not the noodles and chicken.  Yogurt, non fat of course.  SF pudding...  skim milk, watered down juice, but no citris.  decaf tea, lots of water.

My doc says 1000 calories or less (closer to 500) and over 60 grams of protein.  Sounds horrible, but they will give you a list.  My doc gave me my list pre op, so I was able to prepare.

Good luck to you.   BTW, I lost 9 pounds, and this is day 6. 

Cassi

Losing weight and loving it!  Feeling better every day!

Most Active