having Realize placed in 2 days-looking for book suggestions to help pass time

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/08 10:13 pm
Hello!

I am having the Realze Band put in on Friday.  I am looking for book ideas for the hospital and during my recovery time.  I am looking for any suggestions,  maybe a good "chick" book, or autobiograpy or any other books you have enjoyed lately.

Thanks,

Jen
bornagain3
on 11/5/08 8:57 am - Scottsville, VA
I didn't feel much like reading during my overnight hospital stay, was too busy walking.  But for the post op time you might try:  "My sister, My Love" by Joyce Carol Oates.  A "dark, wry, satirical tale"  That is what I am reading right now. Interesting, reminds you of Jon Benet Ramsey case.

Jeane
Serenty
on 11/6/08 1:27 am - GA
Make sure you read the "Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies."
LatinFlower
on 11/6/08 8:16 am - Philadelphia, PA
I honestly didnt read....I was too tired to even think about it. Use the time to relax and get your rest you will need it. Perhaps you can set out a food plan for the weeks ahead. I did that and it helps me to stay on track and focus on the prize. For the record. Get a Magic Bullet, it will help tremoudously from what I am hearing. My nut recommends it highly. So I am on a kick for recipes using my Bullet. Maybe that will help pass time for you. Good Luck to you in your surgery tomorrow.
LatinFlower
cassi75474
on 11/6/08 9:03 am - West Tawakoni, TX
I had some blood pressure issues, so I was much too tired to read.  When I did, I was desperately trying to read the binder of information that they gave me on diet, etc.  If you want something else, any of the Sisterchicks books are great.  You can get them from any Christian bookstore. 

Losing weight and loving it!  Feeling better every day!

phfauche
on 11/6/08 10:47 pm - Columbus, OH
I think it depends on what you like.  I personally like mysteries.  Kathy Reiches is one of my favorites along with James Lee Burke (he's from my home town), Mary Higgins Clark, and a list of others. 

If you're interested in Lap band reading here are a few:  (Amazon.com has the best selection)

Lap-band for Life by Ariel Ortiz Lagardere
Laparoscpic Adjustable Gastric Banding by Jessie Ahroni
Weight Loss Surgery with the Adjustable Gastric Band by Robert . Sewell, and
Lap-band Companion Handbook by Mark Watson

I like to read about the success stories, it keeps me motivated.  There are also good meal and snack suggestions in these.  You get to see how these programs differ from the one you're following.

Good Luck with your surgery.  I'll keep you in my prayers.

Hugs,   Peggy 

Most Active