First fill tomarrow!! Freaking out a little

Crystal_girlost
on 11/3/08 12:08 pm - WV
I am scheduled for tomarrow and now I am not sure I can do it.

I have a huge needle phobia. Why did I get a band?? I do not know. I thought I would be able to do this and now I am not sure. I just want to be knocked out tomarrow and wake up after. They do not do that. I am seriously thinking of not getting a fill at all.
I keep reading that it is no big deal. How can I get through this without puking?

I need a huge Valium. Anybody got one??

First fill 11/4/08 3cc's  Second fill 12/19/08 2cc's
Third appt 1/27/09 rescheduled
Third fill 3/24/09 1 cc= Total 6cc's

sharvey1963
on 11/3/08 11:27 pm - Borden, IN
I am the same way, I have a phobia of needles also.  I turn my head when they do the fill, The first  time I thought I was going to pass out, but before I knew it, it was done and over.  You will be just find.  My doctor was talking to me the whole time that he was doing the fill. After the first fill you will be okay.  I love my band, I had my surgery June 30 an have lost 50 lbs.

You will be glad you did the band.

Good Luck
Susan
Realize Band ,1st fill 3cc - Aug 14, 08,2nd fill 1cc  - Oct 2, 08
3rd fill  2cc - Nov 13, 08,4th fill1cc - Jan 8, 09,5th fill 3/4 cc - March 26, 09

wildheart63
on 11/3/08 11:37 pm - IL
DON'T FREAK OUT! THE NEEDLE MY SURGEON USES IS SOOOOOO TINY I NEVER EVEN FELT HIM STICK ME.....NO NUMBING EITHER! IT REALLY ISN;T ANYTHING .I WAS FREAKED OUT BECAUSE I DIDN;T KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT BUT THE XRAY LADY EXPLAINED IT TO ME AND I WAS OK.....YOU'LL BE FINE,I'M SURE
LORI

Crystal_girlost
on 11/4/08 4:41 am, edited 11/4/08 4:41 am - WV
Update!!!!

I am home. For anyone *****ad this a feels the same way, It was nothing. 

I laid there and he cleaned the area then he said I would feel a pinch, and he took it out. That's all. Took only a few seconds. He did not leave the needle in while I drank the water either. I kept my eyes closed and never saw anything.

I am amazed at how easy that was. Thanks for all the support. Crystal

First fill 11/4/08 3cc's  Second fill 12/19/08 2cc's
Third appt 1/27/09 rescheduled
Third fill 3/24/09 1 cc= Total 6cc's

bornagain3
on 11/4/08 8:08 am - Scottsville, VA
Crystal:

So glad it wasn't a terrible experience!  I see the Dr. next week and am hoping for a fill but don't know for sure. My weight has started to slow down in getting less  so I think I need it.   What makes the decision for them when you get your first fill anyway???

You give me hope!

Jeane 
cassi75474
on 11/6/08 9:11 am - West Tawakoni, TX

Congrats!  I am so proud of all of you, and hope to be able to begin giving good support to others soon, as well! 

Losing weight and loving it!  Feeling better every day!

Most Active