new- lots of questions!!!

ckmommy
on 10/28/08 4:50 am
What were the deciding factors that made you choose the Realize Band over other WLS options?  I've read about the Lap Band and VSG and I'm wondering how you know what's right for you.  I'm really concerned about post-op complications and want to do something minimally invasive, yet effective.  Any thoughts, suggestions, or comments are welcome.  Thanks !!

bornagain3
on 10/28/08 10:15 am - Scottsville, VA
Hi,

The reason I chose the REalize Band over other WLS options, was because of the quicker recovery and the least likelyhood of problems.  Also my surgeon recommended lap band for me with my particular weight and health problems. 

I have had no post-op complicaitons, and other than the first week after surgery have had no pain.  (That was mostly gas and getting my bowels back in action). I went back to work after 2 weeks with no problem.

I have lost 19 1/2 pounds since Sept. 29th and am completely off my diabetes medicine.  I am very pleased with my decision and am on solid food now and am enjoying the taste of things immensely, but measuring and only eating what I should.  i also try to walk 4-5 times a week.

Hope that helps.

Jeane  
renee K.
on 10/28/08 11:15 am - Augusta, GA
I choose banding over other surgeries because of the least complication rate.  i chose realize over lap because the port is a lower profile and and a bit larger around (easier to "find" durring a fill).  AND the support from the realizemysuccess website is phenonemal!!!

study, learn, ASK questions, talk to people from ALLL forms of WLS and decide what is best for you!
Go over to the lap band forum and check them out, they are full of info on lap AND Realize!

Good Luck!!

Renee

wildheart63
on 10/29/08 4:31 am - IL
i chose realize and never looked back....i was back to normal in a week and had no pain at all......just the gas issue!....you have to choose what is best for your situation! i like it that i can track everything i do on realizemysuccess.com and my doc can see what i am doing and talk to me if he thinks i need some help.
good luck
lori

Most Active