chemical stress test

sandra37
on 10/24/08 9:05 am - athens, AL
i have to have a chemical stress test done before i can have my band surgery. i am very nervous about this test, it sounds painfull. if any one out there has ever had this done please reply to this and let me know what to expect.
sadiesue
on 10/24/08 2:28 pm
I had to have one too, and really, it's not that bad.  You just lie on a table and they inject the chemical into your IV.  It will simulate stressing your heart, your heart will pound (as if you were running) and they will run an instrument over your chest to get readings from your heart.  You might get a little light headed, but all in all, it's not too bad.
Vicky S.
on 10/27/08 3:00 am - Taunton, MA
I, too, had the chemical equivalent of the treadmill stress test.  You do have a sensation of  "heaviness" in your chest after they inject the thallium through the IV, but it is not painful at all.  And you are lying down the entire time, with hospital staff monitoring you.  It was very quick, and I MUCH prefered this test over running on that darn treadmill till I want to die!

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be." ~ David Viscott   

Most Active