why you choose realize band over Lap band? please help

nichole
on 10/17/08 1:45 pm - Concord, NC

Hey everyone. I trying to figure out which band I want. I cant make my mind up between the Lap band and the Realize band... I am hopeing you can tell me why you choose the Realize band over the Lap band... Thank you so much!

knickerbocker
on 10/18/08 8:05 am - MI
Both bands are good and they will work about the same in the long run.  I choose the realize band because it is a little bit wider so there is less chance for slipage.  I also really like the Realize Band website where you can track yur weight and foods and other stuff as well.  Your Dr. can access the site to see how you are doing as well.

You will do good with either band, so don't sweat the decision too much.
amybellock
on 10/18/08 2:48 pm - Hope Mills, NC
 I really checked into both the lap band and the realize band.  During my initial nutrition class I got to see them up close and personal.  They look similar but there is a more natural feel to the realize band.  Also the realize band website is really cool, unlike the lap band site.  You can get reciples, talk to nutritionists, etc.  I sat down and discussed the pros and cons with my doctor and he felt the configuration of the realize band (more of a scarf around the stomach where the lapband was a belt) made slippage less likely and weight loss a little easier.
Let me know how you do and what you decide.  I just had the realize band 12 days ago- yucky liquids right now =-)

Amy
Most Active