Need your opinion

tootcha
on 10/15/08 3:37 pm
I am trying to decide between the realize and lap bands.  What made you decide on the realize?  In my research I can't  find much difference.
Denise M.
on 10/15/08 9:34 pm
 I don't think there are huge differences between the two.  The Lap Band's fill thingie has several chambers while the Realize band is just one.  The Realize band supposedly has a lower profile port that has metal clamps to hold it in place (can also be sutured) while the Lap Band's port is sutured in place.  I think the Lap Band comes in two sizes now but I think there is only one size to the Realize band.

They have a Realize band they let you inspect at our support group.  So that was kind of cool to look at.

I'm going with the Realize Band because that's what my clinic switched to exclusively after using the Lap Band.  Of course I have no idea if that is due to surgeons' preference for the Realize Band or pressure from the insurance or manufacturers!  I know my surgeon has had extensive training on both, so that works for me!

Good luck in making your choice!
Denise

Stacy C.
on 10/16/08 12:48 pm - Laguna Hills, CA
I think the most major difference is in the port and the pouch size. With the Realize band the port is lower profile and have metal feet to help hold it in place. It's also stitched in place. The Lap Band port is only stitched in place. Also, the Lap Band stomach pouce holds 2 oz and the Realize band holds 4 oz.

I didn't choose the Realize band, my Dr chose for me! I didn't have a preference for wither one, so I left it up to my surgeon to decide once I was on the table and she was able to take a look inside! Both work the same way!

9cc Realize Band: 1st Fill 10/27 3cc,  2nd fill 1/22 2cc, 3rd fill 3/5 1.5 cc

Most Active