first fill and not much restriction.......

wildheart63
on 10/15/08 1:20 am - IL
HEY GUYS,
        I GOT MY FIRST FILL ON 10/10/08 AND HE PUT IN 3.3 CC ...I DON;T FEEL MUCH RESTRICTION.....HE SAID "IT;S TIGHT SO BE CAREFULL" AS I WALKED OUT..BUT I CAN EAT MOST ANYTHING......I HAVE ANOTHER SCHEDULED FOR 11/7/08 BUT JUST WANT SOME ADVISE,CUZ THE SCALE IS NOT MOVING......HELP
THANKS LORI

rswint
on 10/15/08 9:14 am - Rose Bud, AR
I know it's a little frustrating when you are thinking you should be feeling restriction and there is none.  I got 4ccs my first fill and still didn't feel anything, 2 more the next time and not much better.  The Realize Band holds 9ccs and at 6.5ccs I have a sweet spot.  Three and a half months later, I'm down 40 pounds.  I have read, on this very board, of people that have had 8ccs before they felt the restriction thus enabling them to lose weight. 

I didn't realize that the band was placed with no saline inside of  it so when I got my first fill, I was hot!    It's a building process and I promise you, the method your physician is following is much smarter for your health.  I have had no nausea and heaving over the toilet.  My friend uses another surgeon and her band was so tight recently that she woke up to a wet pillow case because she couldn't swallow her own spit.  Incidentally, my doctor was named president elect to the Natl Society of Bariatric Surgeons...her surgeon has the highest mortality rate in our state. 

Be patient and Good luck!
Regina

littledreamer
on 10/20/08 2:34 am - West Memphis, AR
Hello,

I live in Arkansas and I am researching my options with the Realize band.  Would you mind telling me who your surgeon is?  Thanks!

Kim
rswint
on 10/20/08 7:47 am - Rose Bud, AR
Not at all, my surgeon is John Wilder Baker, he is located on Lile Court in Little Rock.  Not only is he the best but his staff is first class as well.  I have had several issues with my insurance and Christie went above and beyond to work everything out and has resolved all the challenges we faced.  The nurse, Addie is wonderful, she is Johnny on the spot when I have a question or concern.  Dr. Baker is known to be stern but after two surgeries.. Realize Banding and gallbladder, I have followed his instructions and he has been nothing but Mr. Congeniality.  I think following his directions is the key to my success and I'm sure he feels the same way.  He is a provider for United Health Care...if this matters to you at all. 
If you want to pursue this further...register at his patient hub, that's where everyone gets started.  You must do this prior to anything else.  The link is as follows, you'll need to copy and paste it into your browser. 
Good luck and feel free to ask anything you like. 
Regina
https://drbaker.patienthub.com/

Stacy C.
on 10/16/08 12:53 pm - Laguna Hills, CA
I'm having my first fill on the 27th, but I'm not expecting too much. Everything I've read says that it takes most people 4-6 fills to get to their sweet spot. I'm just looking forward to having a fill and getting 1 step closer to my goal!!

Stacy

9cc Realize Band: 1st Fill 10/27 3cc,  2nd fill 1/22 2cc, 3rd fill 3/5 1.5 cc

Carol422
on 10/17/08 2:07 am - Orland Park, IL
Hey Lori-
I just had my 5th fill on Wednesday, now have 7.9cc's and a much better restriction. It takes time to get it right. You don't want to be too tight. Vomiting and sliming are not a good thing. Before this fill I had no problem eating 4 ounces, but have found now I can only eat 2-3 ounces and I'm full. I have found that I need to eat slower and take smaller bites. I have been nursing a two month plateau so I know the disgust you are feeling. Even tho I've plateaued I've still been loosing inches, maybe you are too. I'm weighing in on Tuesday then I'll know if this one is working better than the last one.
Carol

Most Active