Support System

amybellock
on 10/14/08 2:06 pm - Hope Mills, NC
 Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with support systems- I know there are support groups out there but a lot of the meeting times are not for people who work full time.  Family is... family.  And my husband is wonderful but he is still a man.

This is a wonderful site but it would be better to be able to get with people near your area- is there such a thing as too many supporters?  or too much cheerleading?  Maybe its just me.

What do you guys think...

Amy
Stacy C.
on 10/16/08 12:56 pm - Laguna Hills, CA
I think that in person support is the best. This site is wonderful for info and encouragement, but for me, I get the biggest boost by going to support group meetings at the hospital. Although, most of the people in mine have had RNY! I think you can't have too much support!!!

Stacy

9cc Realize Band: 1st Fill 10/27 3cc,  2nd fill 1/22 2cc, 3rd fill 3/5 1.5 cc

Carol422
on 10/17/08 2:00 am - Orland Park, IL
If your looking for local support groups my suggestions are to call your local hospital to see if they have one and to ask on your state forum. When all else fails OH is great for info and encouragement.
Carol

jennifernc88
on 10/21/08 4:49 am - Apex, NC
There is a wonderful group called NC WLS Meetup Group. It was started by Barbara from the NC boards. Most meetings are Saturday mornings, they also do day trips as a group (the last one was to the NC zoo). Check it out  http://wls.meetup.com/101/.

Jennifer

Remember yesterday is history, tomorrow's a mystery and today is a gift thats why they call it the present. 

Most Active