Starting to Feel Hungry

JackieBeth
on 10/12/08 10:04 pm - Easton, MD
Hi,
I was "realized" on 9/29.  My recovery has been very smooth.  My only problem is I'm now starting to be hungry.  My doctor has me on liquids for 30 days after surgery.   I am following his direction, soups, protein drinks, crystal light, etc.....but I have to admit I'm starting to feel hungry.  I go for my post op visit tomorrow and I'm going to mention this to him and see what he says.  Also, I am walking just about every day.

Does any body feel hungry too????

Jackie

Darrin D.
on 10/12/08 11:44 pm - GA
Congrats on the Realization!  Yup, you are gonna get hungry sometimes, stick with the plan, have some soup or jello or whatever you have that is on your diet.  Probably the reason you are starting to feel hunger is the swelling from the surgery is going down and you dont have quite the restriction you had just postop, however, the good thing is you have the will power to stay with the diet and your doc can help you out with a fill, increasing that restriction so you stay full longer.  Talk to your doc, let him know what is going on.

2nd Fill 2.5cc's for a total of 6cc in a 10cc Realize Band
JackieBeth
on 10/13/08 1:40 am - Easton, MD
Thanks so much.  I'm off to the store now to buy a differant variety of soups.

Jackie

sharmall
on 10/14/08 10:52 pm - Southern, MD
Hi JackieBeth,

I was realized on 9/29 too.  I started feeling hungry too lately.  I'm my second week of pureed diet.  I move up to soft foods next week.  What helped me with the liquid diet was making my soups a little thicker.  Bean and Ham soup by Campbells has 11grams of protein per serving.  I put it in the blender and made a tiny bit thinner than a thick milkshake.  It made me feel a little more fulfilled.  My nutritionist said it was fine as long as it was thin enough to go through a straw....but don't drink from a straw.  I hope that helps a little.

Sharon

JackieBeth
on 10/14/08 11:18 pm - Easton, MD
Thanks,
Yessterday I had my post op visit and my doctor said I could move on to mushies!!!!  Yea!!!  I'm off to the store for some new items. 

Thanks for the encouragement.  By the way, my doctor said I was doing great.  I'm way ahead of schedule with my swelling.  I think my daily walking has really helped. 

Jackie

Most Active