After 1st Fill

priss0619
on 10/12/08 12:42 am - NC
Hello all, I had my first fill exactly 1 month after surgery on Thursday. I have not been hungry at all. I have to make myself eat. It is not from being too tight because I can eat everything ok.  I even tested whole wheat bread with my egg this morning and had no trouble. I could not be happier with the band. I have lost 3 lbs since Thursday. Hope this helps anyone who is considering the realize band. I love it!
Missy T
bornagain3
on 10/12/08 3:29 am - Scottsville, VA
Missy:

I am looking forward to my first fill, but at 2 weeks out I know I have to wait a while. 

I am getting hungry now and will be glad to be back to eating because I have too.  I have done pretty good, but did get into some string cheese and wheat thins yesterday afternoon and felt very guilty!

Come on two more weeks!

Jeane
Stacy C.
on 10/12/08 7:05 am - Laguna Hills, CA
My first fill is 2 weeks away and it can't get here fast enough! I've lost 16lbs so far (surgery was 9/2) but I can eat anything right now. I'm really trying to be good, and eat the way I'm supposed to, but I haven't exercised and I know my portions are too large. I'm eating the right things, most of the time, but too much at each meal. I don't think I've lost a pound in the last few weeks!

9cc Realize Band: 1st Fill 10/27 3cc,  2nd fill 1/22 2cc, 3rd fill 3/5 1.5 cc

Dixie G.
on 10/14/08 2:44 pm - Pt. Pleasant, WV
I had my surgery on 10/1/08, I have only felt hunger once since surgery.My first fill is scheduled on 11/14/08, I can't wait. I feel satisfied  eating small portions. I love steamed green beans, of course I blended them, but the flavor was very good.I had 2 ounces of cottage cheese and 2 ounces of green beans. I have difficulty eating slow, but I'm working on it. I love my band, it's the best thing I've ever done for myself. I have lost 10 pounds, but I must be losing more inches, my clothes are feeling loose, my jeans are getting baggy in the butt. I love that feeling(the clothes getting looser) My fingerstick blood sugars have really improved, before surg I was using 65 units of Lantus Insulin a day, after surgery the dr. cut it down to 30 units a day and yesterday I was at my family dr and showed him my blood sugars and he had me   to cut it down to 15 units a day. Hopefully, one of these days I might get to go off the Lantus for good.   I haven't tried eating bread yet, I don't miss it. One thing I miss right now is salads, I hope I will be able to eat them when I go on to regular foods. Sorry about this long letter, but I'm so thrilled about the band I could talk about it all day.
:-) Dixie

Dixie G.        
Realize Lap Band 10/01/2008

Most Active