Glad to see more activity!

Shelly S.
on 10/7/08 1:35 pm - Stillwater, OK
VSG on 12/13/12
This forum is starting to pick up. That is so exciting. I will be getting the realize band on October 20. Any words of advice or wisdom greatly appreciated!!

Shelly

CMTurner
on 10/7/08 2:04 pm - Memphis, TN
Hi Shelly.  I am getting banded Oct. 29th.  Just scheduled it today.  I know we will both do wonderful.  I too am willing to listen to any advice or words of wisdom. 

I would have loved you, except for that go cowboys thing  (Just Kidding)

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHBIzfq/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wHBIzfq/weight.png">>

Serenty
on 10/8/08 3:07 am - GA
Hi Shelly,
Congratulations on your up comming surgery. I was banded 8/22/08 and I have not had any complications. The best advise is to follow your physician's plan on the time lines for eating: clear fluids, soft foods , etc. I followed mine to a "T" and did great.
Also as soon as you can and are cleared, begin your exercise routine.
Best of wishes for you and the others who are being banded this Otober. God bless you all.
Serenty
Shelly S.
on 10/9/08 9:01 am - Stillwater, OK
VSG on 12/13/12
Oh now, how can someone not love the cowboys?!!

Shelly

Mendee M.
on 10/7/08 2:08 pm - Mulvane, KS
We are all close together! My original date was 10-21, but I got moved to 10-27. No advise yet, but we can keep each other motivated!!!

I am counting the days!!
~~Mendee~~

10 pounds below goal!                  
Mendee M.
on 10/7/08 2:14 pm - Mulvane, KS
I also just "realized" (hehe) how close you are to me Shelly!!
~~Mendee~~

10 pounds below goal!                  
Bratty_Nicole
on 10/8/08 2:48 am, edited 10/8/08 2:48 am - Aurora, CO
I had my surgery last week and the only bits of advise I can offer you all is to follow exactly what your surgeon and nutritionist say.  I haven't had any problems with the foods at all and only had the gas pains the day of surgery and the day after.  When you guys have them make sure to walk them off, it doesn't make them go away completely, but it makes them less painful.

My surgeon also told me that a lot of people are starting to pick the Realize band now, so that might be why the boards are getting busier.  Either way I am happy, I want to be able to talk to my fellow Realize bansters here. 
~Nicole  

I joined the Realize Band - 10/2/2008 

My blog:
www.nickleinapickle.blogspot.com
wildheart63
on 10/8/08 3:59 am - IL
I WAS REALIZED ON 9/9/08 AND HAVE HAD NO ISSUES AT ALL, EVEN FROM THE START ..MY RECOVERY WAS UNEVENTFULL FROM THE MOMENT I WAS STAPLED UP.THE PORT INCISION IS THE ONE THAT HURTS THE MOST,IT IS MORE TENDER BECAUSE OF THE PORT ANCHOR IN THE TISSUE...BUT OTHER THAN THAT LISTEN TO YOUR SURGEON AND DO WHAT EVER THEY SAY.....GET SOME GENTLE LAX(MYRLAX) I THINK THAT IS HOW YOU SPELL IT. ANYWAY IT HELPS. GAS PAINS ARE NORMAL AND SOMETIMES PAINFULL.WALK,WALK,WALK.......YOU'LL DO GREAT AS LONG AS YOU LISTEN TO YOUR SURGEON AND YOUR BODY
LORI

bornagain3
on 10/8/08 9:11 am - Scottsville, VA
Hi all,

I was banded with the Realize band on Sept. 29th and have had a very excellent recovery.  I hope all of you will stay in touch and support one another and all of us.  We have all been pre-surgery and us post-surgeries need support as well.

Blessings,

Jeane
Bratty_Nicole
on 10/8/08 12:31 pm - Aurora, CO
On October 8, 2008 at 10:59 AM Pacific Time, wildheart63 wrote:
I WAS REALIZED ON 9/9/08 AND HAVE HAD NO ISSUES AT ALL, EVEN FROM THE START ..MY RECOVERY WAS UNEVENTFULL FROM THE MOMENT I WAS STAPLED UP.THE PORT INCISION IS THE ONE THAT HURTS THE MOST,IT IS MORE TENDER BECAUSE OF THE PORT ANCHOR IN THE TISSUE...BUT OTHER THAN THAT LISTEN TO YOUR SURGEON AND DO WHAT EVER THEY SAY.....GET SOME GENTLE LAX(MYRLAX) I THINK THAT IS HOW YOU SPELL IT. ANYWAY IT HELPS. GAS PAINS ARE NORMAL AND SOMETIMES PAINFULL.WALK,WALK,WALK.......YOU'LL DO GREAT AS LONG AS YOU LISTEN TO YOUR SURGEON AND YOUR BODY
LORI
I agree with Wildheart, My port area is so tender, even now!  It hurts a little and feels weird, but I know it is because it is clamped.  I am so glad that there are more and more people on this thread. 
~Nicole  

I joined the Realize Band - 10/2/2008 

My blog:
www.nickleinapickle.blogspot.com
Most Active