Getting Banded in 3 days

sharmall
on 9/21/08 10:20 am - Southern, MD

I'm getting banded on Wednesday.  I have a little bit of anxiety going on now.  Any advise?

brnsugar91
on 9/21/08 12:29 pm
I got banded on May 27, 2008. I had really bad anxiety and many thoughts ran through my mind. However, I knew this was something I do for myself and my health and I am glad I did. Anxiety is something we all felt prior to surgery and believe me it will go away.

Good luck with your surgery and report back after you are home.

Darrin D.
on 9/21/08 12:43 pm - GA
Being nervous and anxious is normal, it is a big deal.  Dont be afraid to have your feelings.  Talk to your support person, let them know how you feel.  In the hospital, tell the prep nurse and doctors what you are feeling.  They are used to people being nervous, you being anxious wont throw them off their game.

When I had my surgery 8/26 I was nervous, it didnt help we were having tornado warnings here in Atlanta that day, I let it slip to the prep nurse I was nervous, she laughed and said everybody is.  She went and got me a magazine and my wife to be back there with me.  I stayed nervous but I got thru it.

While you are having your nervous thoughts, think about all the reasons you are having the surgery, think of what life will be like in a few months when the weight starts coming off.

2nd Fill 2.5cc's for a total of 6cc in a 10cc Realize Band
sharmall
on 9/21/08 1:02 pm - Southern, MD
Thanks for the words of encouragement
sharmall
on 9/21/08 1:22 pm - Southern, MD
bornagain3
on 9/23/08 1:02 pm - Scottsville, VA
I am wondering if you have had the lap band yet?  I have mine on Sept 29th and am also feeling anxious, but know this is what I need to do.  Keep in touch!
Most Active