Newly banded!

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/08 7:43 am - MD
I did not realize I was getting the Realize band until 20 mins before surgery! My surgeon has decided to use these bands for a multitude of reasons!

Anyways, I had my surgery yesterday, and I'm at home now. I feel ok....definitely tired. The surgery was not hard at all. I felt very comfortable pre-op and post op I felt pretty good too. Make sure you get up and walk, walk, and walk some more! Do your incentive spirometer!

Happy banding everyone! I hope to be on the loser's bench soon. I probably am now considering I haven't had much to eat!
speighd
on 9/17/08 8:58 am - NC
Congradulations, I am envious.
I am in the 6 month waiting game with the insurance company.
Darrin D.
on 9/17/08 10:38 am - GA
Welcome to your Realization.  I got mine about 3 weeks ago.  So far I LOVE my band.  I generally refer to it as the ultimate leash on my appetite.

2nd Fill 2.5cc's for a total of 6cc in a 10cc Realize Band
knickerbocker
on 9/17/08 11:00 am - MI
Glad to hear things are going well.  I will be joining you soon!
new-start
on 9/18/08 12:53 am
I am not even a week ahead of you (12th). I am doing fine and have lost 10 lbs due to the liquids:)  I am still very sore at the primary incision, but it gets better each day!  I am so happy and excited to make these changes in my life!  Good luck to you and let's keep in touch on our progress since we are so close on our dates!
Karyn Isom
Webster, KY

Betsy1
on 9/21/08 9:34 pm - NY
Congratulations to all of you.  I too love my band.  I think there is only one size for the Realize, but not sure.  I have a 10cc and 6cc's filled.  I definetly feel restriction.  Not much can get in there.  Im glad they have a Realize forum.  Now if I can just get my vitamins straightened out I would be fine. 

Happy losing
Good luck to ALL!!

Betsy

Nothing Tastes as good as being thin feels!!
Highest/ Current
335          185

Most Active