Surgery is Monday! Second thoughts???

TeddyTexas
on 9/11/08 12:28 pm, edited 9/11/08 12:30 pm - Fort Worth (near Keller/Watauga), TX
I have been researching and reading a lot these past 11 days of my liquid diet. It sure seems like I have read a lot of posts at different sites from people who have problems or concerns with their AGB. Some people say that they don't feel restricted, EVER. Some people say that they are hardly losing weight. Some people are saying some downright scary things. So now, I have worked myself up into being scared and thinking maybe this isn't the right thing for me to do.

But, no, I think I have thought long and hard about this. I have the support of my family and friends. I have also read many positive things about AGB surgery. I really feel that I am in the right place for me at this time. I have done very well with the 11 days of my 14 day liquid diet. Only a few minutes each day that I seem to get hungry and miss eating.

So, should I have second thoughts at this time? I felt comfortable with my decision until for some reason today when I keep finding that I am trying to second-guess myself. Is this normal to feel this way a few days out from my surgery?

priss0619
on 9/11/08 9:50 pm - NC
I had my surgery Tuesday and it is not easy, but it is worth it. I have talked to so many people that are losing weight and having no problems. I did have second thoughts also, but I went through with it and am glad I did. I am hardly having any pain today. It gets better every day. Good luck and keep in touch.
Missy T
knickerbocker
on 9/13/08 5:32 am - MI
I have been reading these things and it does give you second thoughts.  That is only natural.

But you also have to remember there are 1000's of people out there who are doing great and they don't post those stories.  It is people who are having issues and want to know why that are the "loudest."

The band is a tool - you have to put in the work for it to work.  Have faith in it and I think that will help.
Bren649
on 9/13/08 10:20 am, edited 9/13/08 10:20 am - Southern , CA
REALIZE Band on 05/27/08 with
Hi ~ I am a little more than 3 months out and I LOVE MY BAND !!  I had a little gas after surgery and some nausea but other than that everythng went great !!  I didn't need to take any pain meds.  Just the gas-x they recommend for the gas.  Go into it with a positive attitude ~ you will be fine.  I am so grateful for the opportunity to have had this done.  I totally agree with "knickerbocker"'s post.

God bless and let us know how you do.  It is sooooo worth it!!

Bren
                           Weight Loss is Post-Surgery

Moonbridges
on 9/17/08 5:02 am - MA
I am glad I'm not the only one felling this way. I feel the same way you do. My surgery date is Oct 7and don't no if it's the right thing for me now after reading all of the message boards I don't no if I should do it. so I feel what your feeling.
mamy
on 9/17/08 11:05 am
go read my post "So sad. Today was the day." on yesterday's Lap Band board.

I did reschedule my surgery for the 30th of this month
Highest Weight                  217
Day of Surgery                          213
Current                                              180
Goal                                                          130

43 pounds and 50 inches lost!!!!....as of 8-30-10. I have re-gained 6 lbs for a net loss of 37 lbs.
aprox 7 ccs in a 9 cc Realize Band
Date of Surgery                  September 30, 2008
Most Active