post-surgery depression - no restriction

zillyanne
on 9/7/08 11:01 am
I had the surgery over a month ago. Unfortunately, there's no fill in the band with no appointment until Sept. 25 (their office is busy). I have absolutely no restriction at this point. I can't tell that I've had surgery and find myself forgetting all the time. I have just the scars on my belly to remind me, because I'm now at the point where I can eat the same amounts of food I did before. My food choices are beginning to get worse and I feel out of control.

Can anyone offer me any advice? Please tell me this is normal.
sunshineangel_1977
on 9/7/08 11:45 am - sabina, OH
This is totally normal!  Once you get a fill under your belt things will change.  as to your choice of foods read my post for ideas.  make sure you get in your protien first and then satisfy yourself with fruits and veggies...i have a fast food choices on my blog if you are having a problem with eating out...also if you add fibercon to your food it will satisfy you longer...things taht will keep the hunger off for the longest time is refried beans, oats, basically anything with alot of fiber will help you out right now.  Also if you drink more than usual it can fight off hunger.  Chew some sugar free gum (dont swallow it)
these can help ward off hunger.  However what you are experiencing is normal for someone who needs a fill.  can you call and get in sooner? 
stephanie

love hate relationship Eating Disorder      

mom4pavlocks
on 9/9/08 8:58 am - Oklahoma City, OK
I feel your pain! I had my surgery on the 28th of August and I felt like crap for a few days, and now I feel "normal". My diet has me on all liquids, other than 1/4 cup of food 3 times a day. I am not overdoing it, but really not feeling satiety with  the 1/4 cup. Worse, I have gained two pounds in the last 4 days.  Not sure how that happened. I see my surgeon tomorrow for 14 day checkup, and am hoping he can give me a little encouragement.  Wish you the best.

Highest weight 275/current233
preview imageNobody told me that my weightloss would cause my infertile husband's sperm to begin swimming on their own! Go figure!

Bratty_Nicole
on 9/10/08 12:06 pm - Aurora, CO
On September 9, 2008 at 3:58 PM Pacific Time, mom4pavlocks wrote:
I feel your pain! I had my surgery on the 28th of August and I felt like crap for a few days, and now I feel "normal". My diet has me on all liquids, other than 1/4 cup of food 3 times a day. I am not overdoing it, but really not feeling satiety with  the 1/4 cup. Worse, I have gained two pounds in the last 4 days.  Not sure how that happened. I see my surgeon tomorrow for 14 day checkup, and am hoping he can give me a little encouragement.  Wish you the best.
Hi everyone!  I haven't had my surgery yet, but should be very soon here.  I just wanted to remind you all that they say you most likely won't lose weight the first month or so, just because your body is still recovering from surgery and adjusting to have something new around it.  I say (and again, I obviously have NO experience here with the band)to eat until you are satisfied and stop torturing yourself with the scale.  Let your body heal first and just follow what your surgeon says to do.

zillyanne - Don't forget that you have support on here (banded or not) and that we are always here for you.  I am sending lots of positive thoughts your way!  
~Nicole  

I joined the Realize Band - 10/2/2008 

My blog:
www.nickleinapickle.blogspot.com
tommiejean_27
on 9/10/08 1:15 am - Sherwood, AR
This is normal.  Sometimes it takes several fills to get the restriction you need.  I have had 3 fills so far and counting the days until the 4th on October 2!!!  I can STILL eat too much.  I feel your pain!!!!  I was told by veteran banders to 'hang in there' that it will happen!!  I am hanging on to hope!!  So should you!! 

Surgery Date - June 13, 2008

Serenty
on 9/11/08 10:03 am, edited 9/11/08 10:03 am - GA
Check if you can get in to see the dietition. He/she should be able to guide you with food choices. Also, you might need to see the psychologist to help with the "mental aspect" of hunger. Also, start using smaller plate sizes and stick with the 1-cup of food.
I just found this neat idea: the NO S weight down: No sugar, No seconds, No sweets except on days that start with S......so smaller plate, 1-cup of food starting with dense foods first and try the NO S way.
Hope this helps and please be encouraged that you will be fine.
Serenty
Most Active