Help!!!

tenache
on 8/30/08 1:43 am - Lawrenceville, GA
Just a little of advice, my surgery is scheduled in about 3wks and any suggestion of what to eat after surgery and what protein and multi vitamin and etc. Any good suggestions!!
Rachel M.
on 8/30/08 2:03 pm
Congratulations on your surgery date.  Mine was April 17th.  It was a breeze.  After surgery I was on liquids for a while.. a week or two I think.  Can't really remember.  Anyway, I was pretty hungry and a couple of things that helped me were jello and pudding.  They really help with the hunger.  They hang around a little longer that pure liquid.  I also drank protein shakes.  I bought the powder and mixed my own.   I chose to buy plain flavored protein powder so that I could have vanilIa or add a little cocoa powder and artificial sweetener and make it chocolate.  Or add espresso  and ice and have an iced latte.  Or mix the cocoa powder and espresso and ice and have an iced mocha.  You get the idea.  I saved alot of money that way. .. When I graduated to pureed foods, I loved instant cheese grits.  I added 1 to 2 slices of cheese. I also pureed meatballs and sauce and whatever I cooked the kids for dinner.  Not too bad either.  The Magic bullet blenders or great.  Perfect size.  I'm sure I ate/drank other stuff too, I just can't remember..... Sorry. 

My doc recommends I take liquid calcium citrate.  I found the protein powder and liquid calcium citrate at a vitamin outlet store.    And chewable multivitamins.  I found centrum orange flavored chewables.  Not too bad.  

Good luck. 
kcrews
on 8/31/08 10:48 am - Conway, AR
My surgery was 11 days ago.  I am on the liquid part of the diet.  It is hard because there is part of you that feels that you could handle something more, but your stomach is still healing and pushing yourself to fast and to far could be dangerous.  I was very strict while I was still on my pain meds.  Everything was done at the same time everyday. After I was off of those meds I have a little more wiggle room.  I am on my chewable vitamins and my B1.  I am down almost 24 lbs and I feel great.  I am trying to add cream soups, runny oatmeal, and apple sauce.  
reillye
on 9/6/08 5:25 am
I love sci-fit's mochaccino delight protein powder.  I also went to Trader Joe's and got some good soups.  I just use a regular generic multivitamin.  I also take calcium - viactive chews (but didn't start them for several weeks after surgery).  If you go to vitalady.com, you can order samples of protein powder to find one you like

Best wishes.
Most Active