Ask Dr. Curry!

DrC
on 6/6/09 12:43 am - Cincinnati, OH
On June 6, 2009 at 7:24 AM Pacific Time, topaz11 wrote:
Hello Dr. Curry,  I will be getting the realize band in July.  Hiatal hernia surgery will be performed at the same time. My question is should I expect a longer recovery time than usual when it come to eating or going back to work ?  Thanks Topaz11
No, sometimes patients have a little more shoulder pain, but in my case I recovered very quickly.

Trace W. Curry, M.D.  -- Lap Band, Realize Band, Sleeve Gastrectomy
Cincinnati, Ohio & Northern Ky    http://www.TheBandDoctor.com   
513.559.1222 / 877.442.BAND
DISCLAIMER:  Any information contained within is meant to be general medical advice only.  Please consult your surgeon on your specific problem!
topaz11
on 6/6/09 1:45 am
Thank you:)
michelle W.
on 6/8/08 11:20 am - Odenton, MD
Hi Dr. Curry, I am near the end of my journey for the diet history and Dr. Appt.  I know I will have to make a choice about a band.  What is the difference between  the realize band and the lap band? 
Michelle
DrC
on 6/10/08 8:14 am - Cincinnati, OH
Michelle, Refer to the articles posted in this section, in particular the Realize Band FAQ.  This should be exactly what you're looking for!
DISCLAIMER:  Any information contained within is meant to be general medical advice only.  Please consult your surgeon on your specific problem!
JustinsMama
on 6/11/08 5:04 am - NC
Hi Dr. Curry! Thanks for taking time to answer our questions.  I am one month out.  A couple of days ago I had really bad pain on my right front side below my ribs (the pain you get when you run too hard or something similar).  I had eaten way too many carbs that day (I know) and was wondering if it could have been from that or just some severe gas pain still hanging around.  I had my gallbladder removed about 5 years ago so it wasn't from that.  It finally went away after 2 days but was just curious about it. Thanks again!

282/226/199   

Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness.

DrC
on 6/12/08 9:34 pm - Cincinnati, OH
On June 11, 2008 at 12:04 PM Pacific Time, JustinsMama wrote:
Hi Dr. Curry! Thanks for taking time to answer our questions.  I am one month out.  A couple of days ago I had really bad pain on my right front side below my ribs (the pain you get when you run too hard or something similar).  I had eaten way too many carbs that day (I know) and was wondering if it could have been from that or just some severe gas pain still hanging around.  I had my gallbladder removed about 5 years ago so it wasn't from that.  It finally went away after 2 days but was just curious about it. Thanks again!
That's a tough one, it could be either diet-related or port-related.  You're probably gonna have to get your surgeon to check it out. Have you logged on to mySuccess?
JustinsMama
on 6/13/08 4:15 am - NC
I have logged onto My Success site (pretty cool site at that).  I actually had a follow up appt. today and mentioned that pain - it wasn't near my port area but they said it could either been leftover discomfort from a trocar (sp) site or diaphragm related mentioning all that my body has gone through from surgery, etc. At either rate, it hasn't returned so that's good. Thanks again for your time!

282/226/199   

Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness.

nursenky9
on 6/20/08 12:23 pm - KY
I am considering getting banded.  I just recently heard about the Realize band from Sweden.  What is the difference between the lapband and the realize band?  Does either result in faster weight loss?  What are the complications of both?   Thanks,  Elizabeth a nursenky trying to get healthy!!
DrC
on 6/23/08 9:54 am - Cincinnati, OH
On June 20, 2008 at 7:23 PM Pacific Time, nursenky9 wrote:
I am considering getting banded.  I just recently heard about the Realize band from Sweden.  What is the difference between the lapband and the realize band?  Does either result in faster weight loss?  What are the complications of both?   Thanks,  Elizabeth a nursenky trying to get healthy!!
Elizabeth, Check the Realize Band FAQ over to the left, should answer a lot of your questions.  Both the Lap Band and the Realize Band are very good bands, so it has a lot more to do with how you work with your band than which band you get. Say hi to Dr. Weiss for me!
brookeeldridge
on 6/23/08 8:47 am - Muskegon, MI
Why do realize band patients have to pick Lap-band as their surgery type on obesityhelp.com Since that is not the operation or product they have, Lap-band is just the brand correct, seems to me obesity help needs to make some coorection, maybe dr. curry should inform them
Most Active