WWYD??? Should I stop BFing?

doda94
on 1/4/12 11:19 pm - Canada
 I'm almost 3 years post-op RNY.  We have a 16 month old dd and I concerned about continuing to BF through this pregnancy.  

We had a surprise pregnancy back in March that I subsequently lost in June.  Of course, there's no way of knowing exactly why but I can't help but wonder if the stress of the pregnancy combined with BFing on a post-op body contributed.  Now we're pregnant again and I'm wondering if I should discontinue BFing.

Thanks!
Dawn
(deactivated member)
on 1/5/12 12:00 am - HI
I have an 8 month old and am currently 9 weeks pregnant.  My OB told me to stop BFing because it was more important that my nutrients go to my unborn baby as my 8 month old could get what he needs from other sources. She said for someone that has not had RNY it wouldn't be much of an issue, but because of our "limited" absorption this would be the best. 

I am sure that there will be different opinions on this depending on who you ask.  I suppose a good way to monitor it would be to have your labs checks regularly since this will show if you are lacking in something which would ultimately mean you unborn child is. 

In the end you need to do what YOU feel is the right thing to do. 

Good luck

doda94
on 1/5/12 12:12 am - Canada
 Thanks so much!  I've been unable to reach my dr. since we found out just after Christmas but hope to be able to get in to see him next week.
jcheryld
on 1/7/12 1:14 pm
Wish I had some advice for you, but wish you good luck in your decision, please post again and let us know what your doc says.
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1372 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 931 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1424 views