Bottle question

sjburt1
on 8/31/11 1:54 pm

Little Miss Margaret does the best with the playtex drop in bottles. The only problem I have with that is that I only have 1 right now. I want to get more, but she's already eating about 4 oz when she has a bottle. They only come in 4 and 8-10 oz sizes. Do I get a bunch of 4 oz bottles and risk that she'll go over the 4 oz and I'll have wasted liners or do I get the bigger bottles and have her possibly at 4 oz for a longer time. Either way it's a waste! I don't want her to eat a lot at one time, but I don't want to starve her either. I suck at making decisions!! I still have time before I have to go back to work, but I'm out of 4 oz liners and she does get one bottle every day (for DW to feed her and for her vitamins). I also tend to give her bottles when we're out (I pump) because we aren't so good at feeding in public yet.

I do realize this is a trivial/kind of dumb question, but I'm unable to make the decision right now!

Thanks in advance!

Stephanie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
amykic
on 8/31/11 8:28 pm - spencer, MA
Personally I wouldn't bother with the small bottles. Before you know it she'll be drinking more and the small bottles are a waste. Use the bigger bottles and just pour in what you need.

Lilypie - (yMzl) 
Lilypie - (G8Gh) Little Angel  8/14/09  ectopic

Lexa321
on 8/31/11 9:52 pm - weston, FL
get the bigger,.. it wont be long until shes up to 5 oz
imnotknitting
on 8/31/11 9:58 pm
I agree, get the big bottles. BTW, I never got great at BFing in public. I just had to see what was going on and couldn't wear one of those cover thingys. I hope it gets easier for you!

Tina
Mommy to 2 of the most beauiful little girls in the whole universe and still in love with my hubby of 8 years. LIFE IS GOOD!
chrissyemerald
on 8/31/11 10:39 pm - Canada
 I my self have a variety of bottle sizes but I would stick with the bigger ones. Mine's formula fed but at 2 months out shes drinking 3 -6oz and 2 -5oz bottles a day, so yep, over lol As for the breastfeeding in public, i would have never had the guts...my friend whips it out any where and everywhere and embarrasses me all to hell lol
TraceyC
on 9/1/11 1:15 am - DFW, TX
Ditto! I would go with the larger bottles. The liners for 4 oz fit both the large and small bottles too. Target sells generic liners that are a little less expensive.

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. Walt Disney 
http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10728;28/st/20110112/n/Blake/dt/-1/k/3fb3/s-age.png">>

angelrose
on 9/1/11 4:07 am - indio, CA

Maybe use the larger liner and fill it with 8 oz of milk and then stop her half way through the feeding and refrigerate the other half? She's not going very long between feedings and she'll probably be graduating to 6 then 8 oz before you know it. I don't know. I'm new at this too :) 

Brooklynnsmom
on 9/1/11 4:51 am - Bellevue, NE
I would just go with the bigger bottles/bigger liners.  Also, once you have to start making the extra 2 ounces more than once in a while, just start making extra time.  It gets to be a pain to have to go make that extra 2 ounces when she is screaming bloody murder because she is starving!!!  Then you will have that bigger bottle.  You will find that when she eats til she is satisfied, she will go longer between feedings. 

Debbie
MEGAN01
on 9/1/11 5:02 am - SW, TX
Walmart has their brand of these bottle, liners and nipples and in my opinion they are just as good and cheaper.I agree with the larger bottles as well.
lesliejayne
on 9/1/11 12:34 pm - Noxapater, MS
This is the kind of bottle I use.  I have 3 small bottles and 2 large ones right now.  Halle Kate is 3 months old, and every now and then I will use the bigger one to make 6 oz if we are going somewhere, but 99% of the time, I use the smaller bottles.
Leslie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1359 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 920 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1412 views