Help! orange bottles & nipples

Heather M.
on 5/16/09 12:45 pm - Modesto, CA
Depending on the how bad the staining is.. Oxiclean will clean it out, believe it or not.  Learned that trick from MY spouse.  Just mix a good concentration of it, in HO****er, and soak them.

I've used it to move red sauce stains from older Tupperwear or scratches in bowls.  If the Oxyclean doesn't do the trick all the way, just a tad of Clorox won't hurt, then rinse them really, really well.

BTW, Oxyclean is also great for removing tarnish and dirt from silver jewelry/jewelry, for those in between runs to the jewelers.  His dad is a jeweler, and that is what I use to clean my 5 carat aquamarine engagment ring when it starts to get soap and lotion build up on the underside of the heart shape cut and isn't as sparkly as it should be.
Heather + Caitlin Marie
Caitlin's Vitals: Born 5/22/09, at 9:22 AM, 7 lbs, 20 3/4 inches long.  Looks like her daddy!
Hollywog
on 5/16/09 3:58 pm
I'd say try the bleach and water...fill the sink w/ho****er, add a tiny amount of bleach (1-2 Tablespoons?) and let them soak for a few hours.  I don't know if this would work for the nipples since they're a different type of plastic...but it should work for the bottles.  Obviously you'll have to scrub them again afterwards. 

When I was in Ukraine - and here in Indonesia - the health unit recommends cleaning fruits/veggies w/bleach water - even lettuce/spinache type veggies - then rinsing them them very well w/fresh water afterwards...so if they tell us to do it w/food...I figure it should be safe for bottles too.  I do use the bleach water myself on plastic containers that get stained and it works like magic....and since you put the bleach in the water first, then add the plastics...the bleach doesn't get onto the plastic in it's 'pure' form and thus make it smell like bleach for life.

Better yet...make your DH do all this..so he knows to never stick plastic in the spaghetti pan...

Holly
 January 2008, 
               July 2008
               December 2008  
               July 2009
               September 2010
               July 2011

Mom to Khaled

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1372 views