a happy whine...

Liz R.
on 5/17/09 11:41 pm - Easton, PA
lol OK if there is such a thing! I am THRILLED to be pregnant but today I am uncomfortable and emotional and needed to whine to ladies who know what I am going through! I have some strong "growing pains" this morning. I think someone is inflating my uterus with a bicycle pump! I am extra emotional and nauseous. I keep panicing and running to the bathroom thinking "this is it - I'm having a miscarriage" but thank god no. I know in my heart this is all normal but I keep having to tell my brain this!

SO anyway - on with my morning. Thanks all for listening as always!

Liz

PS - and I am not one of those "needy" type people I just feel out of sorts today.
floflo1981
on 5/17/09 11:46 pm - Huntsville, AL
I had the same thoughts last night...I am having to use progesterone suppositories and (tmi sorry) and i woke up with a feeling like i was passing blood...very strange! so i waited as long as i could to go to the bathroom when i went it was nothing but the "leftover progesterone stuff" and i was so glad...

I have been emotional all this past weekend...it is rough. But I read just last night that the more "unsettled the mother is the stronger the pregnancy" so I will take hope and peace in that!

Hugs!!
~Flora

Lilypie - (zx1x)

Pre-op 284/Current 180/Goal 145  5'5
Surgery Date:April 23, 2007

camerons_mommy
on 5/17/09 11:50 pm - Superior, WI
I'm constantly worried.... I can't even let myself be super happy! I have doc appointment tomorrow....so I hope that puts me at ease!!

Jackie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mommy to Cameron and Connor
Step Mom to Zack, Kat and Becca

VintageQueen
on 5/17/09 11:52 pm - Thornton, CO
Just consider yourself normal.    I check every single time I go to the bathroom. I am soooo friggin tired, too! Hang in there!
tanya72100
on 5/18/09 12:12 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
 You re fine!! Im convinced you and I will be telling each other this for the next 8 months !!!!

Hopefully our babies get to meet!!! 

thetexgal
on 5/18/09 12:33 am - Fort Worth, TX
Welcome to pregnancy. It is natural to be worried. We all feel this way (even those that have the baby kicking). Then, if the baby isn't kicking as much, they are worried. It is part of our "motherly nurturing".

Just hang in there. We have a baby growing inside of us. All the side effects are worth the reward at the end :)

Traci
Shauna S.
on 5/18/09 12:35 am - Amsterdam, NY
Oh Liz you're completely normal. I am 29w1d today and STILL check every time I go to the bathroom to make sure things are ok. Granted, my LO is SUPER active and constantly moving - I still check. The growing pains suck and I'm not going to lie - they don't get easier. The past week or two - I've been so uncomfy because I can literally feel my stomach growing. I woke up Saturday morning and got dress and SO said to me "where did that come from?" and I said "what?" and he's like "you're baby belly!!" I'm popping quickly now but can feel every stretch. You will make it!

SHANNYN B.
on 5/18/09 2:26 am
I still worry when I go to the bathroom also. Its so normal. Its good to get your feelings out so this is a great place to do it!!
Damayin 12-3-93
Jarrid 10-12-98
Hayvann 11-22-09
Kerstyn 4-2-11
Kinzy 4-2-11

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/09 5:14 am
Yep, yep and yep.

I've decided my husband needs to move out at least until the second trimester - because my emotions are going to be the death of me - or HIM.

One day at a time, it's all you can control!

Sharon
Heather M.
on 5/18/09 5:24 am - Modesto, CA
And the hormones of being near time are so much fun too.  DH  just hugs me when I stand there and the tears well up for no reason.

Mother's Day.. didn't do it this year.. went to the store with him to pick out my mother-in-laws card, because she's been such a blessing since I "inherited" her 7 years ago, right after my mom passed away from renal cell cancer.

I took one look at the cards, read two of them.. and got a huge knot in my chest.  Told the DH, "Can't do it this year," and walked off.

He's caught me several times this last week with big ole crocodile tears.. and they aren't from contractions!  LOL  I just want her here so the hormones will start SLOWLY returning to normal.  Who thought you'd stand and bawl because the males you live with keep leaving empty fast food cups on the counter, instead of putting them in the trash? 

The round ligament pain of them stretching to accommodate the growing uterus was the suck, and it continues to be the suck now.  And yes, I still check every time I go tinkle too
Heather + Caitlin Marie
Caitlin's Vitals: Born 5/22/09, at 9:22 AM, 7 lbs, 20 3/4 inches long.  Looks like her daddy!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1372 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 931 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1424 views