Life, Liberty and being pursued by giant Yo Yo's

Allen Y.
on 6/24/24 11:13 am - Garland, TX

If you check my profile you will see I have been a member of this group for a decade or more. My weight yoyo'ed. Life happened.Before I knew it my weight had gone back to 407 LBS. I was 587 at my worst and 216 at my best. Since April 2023 to today June 24 I have clawed my way back to 272. My doctor has set a new compromise weight goal of 240 or less pounds. I am 6'3" and now in poor health. I look at my poor worn-out abused body and despite getting a little help every now and then I still have many folds of excess skin. The bariatric doctor I had in 2013 is currently in prison but that is off topic. My current doctor does not do any kind of skin removal. I am not the least bit concerned about having a scar line. Dr. Nowzardian in Houston (4 hour drive at least) is still taking patients despite his advanced age. Thing is my health insurance will cover bariatric surgery but not any kind of skin removal. I checked on healthcare.gov to see if there was any kind of supplemental insurance I could purchase and came up empty-handed. At this point I am thinking about calling Dr. Nowzardian again and seeing if anyone in their insurance department can give me any guidance. If anyone is aware of a surgeon in the Dallas area that does non cosmetic surgery for excess skin like Dr. Now in Houston let me know. If you have any guidance on how to deal with the insurance let me know. If you have a success story to motivate and encourage me never to yoyo again contact me. My body will NOT survive another yoyo.

tonyadams
on 8/6/24 12:16 am

I once read about a woman named Sarah. She weighed over 400 pounds and felt like giving up. Then she saw a picture of herself at a happy weight and realized she didn't want to miss out on life anymore. She started with small changes, joined a support group, and eventually reached her goal weight. Years later, she had some excess skin removed, but it didn't define her journey. She focused on her newfound health and happiness. Slope Game

Remember, you are not alone in this. There are people who understand your struggles and are rooting for you. Keep fighting for your health, one step at a time. You've got this!

ShaneMichael
on 8/19/24 7:43 pm

It's a good idea to reach out to Dr. Nowzardian's office to discuss your situation. They might have insights into insurance coverage and potential solutions for your skin removal needs. They could also recommend other surgeons or resources.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. spin the wheel

Most Active