Plastic Surgeons in Atlanta, GA

jmas24
on 8/3/17 7:08 am

Hi All,

My name is Jennifer,

I had Gastric Bypass in 2007. I will be 10 years post op this month. My Weight at surgery was 450, now its 218, goal of 175(still loosing some baby weight) I am just starting the process of looking into plastics. I wanted to wait til I had children. Well I had twins 20 months ago so I am ready.

I am just looking to see if there is any one from Atlanta area here that has any recommendations

Maddylee
on 11/1/17 9:47 am

I have heard good things about Dr. Song in Duluth, GA and also good reviews for Emory Aesthetic center - Dr. Eaves for post WLS plastics. I called to schedule a consult with Dr. Eaves to get the process started and to get a quote... and some basics they told me were:

Since they operate in an outpatient facility they will not perform surgery unless your BMI is 32 or under. You can be close for the consult, but they sounded pretty strict about the BMI being 32 at time of surgery.
You can combine procedures... but they will not operate for longer than 6 hours at a time ...so whatever combo they can get done in that amount of time is what they will recommend.

I believe Dr Song wanted you at your goal weight for 6 months or more.

Both had the option of going through insurance for the panni removal, but if you were going with insurance you had to start out that way and they needed all of your medical records, documentation of medical necessity, etc. And panni is only the skin removal and no muscle repair etc through insurance.

Emory is closer for me and they seemed to be the most informative/helpful when I was calling around. There are several plastics forums on facebook as well that have pics and reviews. Of course I am seeing more and more going to Mexico/Brazil... but Miami also has really good doctors and prices. I have seen good results with spectrum aesthetics in Miami...but that is several hours down there and back... and time at a hotel or recovery house. I think I am going to try and stick closer to home. :)

Best of luck!

Most Active