10 Days to Surgery!

RNY on 12/22/14

I got an electric recliner from craigslist for $40. It was the best. To transport it, the back pops off and the base fit in my trunk. I was not successful with the zero gravity beach chair when I had facial PS. I am short, so maybe that is why it is harder to get out of, but no way was I going to use it for the armlift recovery.

The elec recliner helped me stand up. I only had the extended arm lift and a breast lift. I was independent and did not need help to get around.

For the arm lift - I could not bend my elbows for a few days so I could not feed myself. I got a long handled wooden spoon and couple of barbecue forks. And I could feed myself, although sometimes someone had to cut the food, but at least I could do the rest.

I had drains for the first time this year. If you will have drains, I suggest sewing pockets into t-shirts. My came unclipped once or twice, hit the floor, and came out (pulled themselves out)before they were really ready to come out. My drains were in for about 2 weeks and prob would have come out in a few days anyway because the fluid coming out was decreasing.

I really did not go many places during those two weeks. I also found dresses easier to wear (I did not own any dresses). Two dresses and a comfy nightgown did it for me.

Best of everything!

Sharon

RNY on 12/22/14

bath chair

I needed to sit down while bathing - when I took off the compression garment and then the warm water hit, all the blood flowed out of my head and I almost passed out. I do not have a real bath chair, but I had a small metal folding chair that fit in the bathtub. I would put a hand towel on it so that I did not sit on a cold metal seat.

I needed to sit down for the first 2-3 weeks. Dr M said to take the comp gar off and wait 10-15 min to BPand then use warm/cool water. That also helped.

Sharon

NYMom222
on 8/11/17 12:18 am, edited 8/10/17 5:21 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I think you surgery is in AM so good luck! I did not use a power lift chair but an outdoor anti gravity lounge chair with a blanket thrown on it. I slept in my bed with lots of pillows.

Protein! Protein! Protein! To heal.

BTW you are in great hands with Dr Michaels

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

FrederickMama
on 8/11/17 1:53 am

Thank you! I'm actually on my way to the hospital now!!!!! Full of nerves and excitement.

Dcgirl
on 8/11/17 4:47 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

You'll do great! Just get through the next few days with the muscle tightening pain and you'll be fine! Don't forget to set an alarm during the first few nights at home to take the pain meds every 4 hours. You've got this!

Gwen M.
on 8/11/17 5:05 am
VSG on 03/13/14

By now your surgery has already started - I hope it goes super well!!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

FrederickMama
on 8/14/17 3:30 pm

Hopefully you're in recovery now and your surgery went great! Hopefully Katrina or Ruby are your nurses because they were awesome!

Most Active