Finally had breast reduction after a 3 month delay

ssflbelle
on 7/29/17 10:16 pm - West Palm Beach, FL

Hi Everyone I haven't been on here since March but wanted to let you all know as the title says I finally had my breast reduction. I was suppose to have it March 26th but the mammogram showed I had microcalcifications in my left breast and the surgery was canceled less than 16 hours before I was to have it. So I had to wait about 8 weeks to get approved for a biopsy which I did have and it was benign. Then I had to go through all the pretesting and approval again. Finally on June 26th I had my 4 hour breast reduction surgery. It started at 1:30 pm and I was back at home by 8 pm that same day.

I had 2 surgeons doing my surgery. One did all the cutting and pulling and the other did the stitching. 1400 grams of skin was taken from the left breast and 1500 grams from the right breast along with a FNG for a total of 6 pounds of skin gone. I have had 5 followups, the last one being July 17th. I had no drains and the nipple graft bandages wereremoved after 1 weeks as well as some of the stitches. The remaining stitches were taken out after 2 weeks.

I am healing very nicely. No seroma or torn open incisions. Have to wear the surgical bra 24/7 but at this size it isn't a problem. At my highest weight 497 I was a 70 I after having lost 275 pounds I shrunk down to 48DDD. Now that it has been about 4 weeks since surgery itt seems that I might be a 42B. What a huge difference and I am so very happy with the size they are now. I have no implants and had enough of my own tissue to create a nice mound. Since surgery I have also lost an additional 15 pounds of which 6 was my breast tissue and the additional 9 was from staying with high protein and low carbs.

As for the horrible pains in my back and shoulders. They are gone. Before surgery I was still using my elecetric mobility device for just about everything as the pain was so bad I couldn't walk but 3 to 5 minutes without horrible pain. Since July 14 I have been walking with my walker for about 20 minutes before I become tired in my arms and my legs. But no back pain. Since this past Thursday I have been riding my tricycle 2.71 miles.

I am heading back to work on Aug 8th and will see the Dr again on Aug 14th. At that time I think we will be discussing my progress and what the next excess skin removal surgery will be.

It has been a long journey from 497 to 207 a loss of 290 pounds. I am only 27 away from my goal and I know I will get there with more hard work and determination. Hopefully by the summer of 2018 I will be the me I have dreamed of for years.

Amanda    Surgery was 1/26/2016 Surgery Weight  314   Highest Weight 497

lost  183 pounds before surgery

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 7/30/17 12:49 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I am so happy for you. I had a breast lift that also resolved long-standing issues, so I know what a blessing and a relief this must be!!

Keep up with the great recovery!

Sharon

Deanna798
on 7/31/17 6:08 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Congrats! I hope everything heals well and that your next surgeries are easy as well. Keep us updated.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Most Active