Do people actually notice?

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/28/17 12:45 pm

Nope. Unless they see the scars.

Even my face lift - if someone did not know I had it - they can't see it. I look like me - but rested. Less wrinkly.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/28/17 2:38 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

No one noticed - even my facelift (but I didn't go into the office for 2 months). They thought I looked rested. I bet people thought it was my body adjusting after weight loss (just sucking up that extra jaw and neck skin - LOL).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

AggieMae
on 5/4/17 4:00 pm
VSG on 10/25/16

I had an eye lift and lost 65 pounds... most people tell me I look great but can't quite figure out what's different...

I've had my knees (and hips) replaced the scars where angry and red for a long time but eventually faded to fine white lines. I think it took well over a year.

Gwen M.
on 5/6/17 7:22 am
VSG on 03/13/14

This is funny - even with weight lose of 160 pounds I get a lot of "your... hair looks great." ;)

I've never been a person who worries about scars. When I see posts here about people worried about scars, scar placement, scar visibility, etc, it's just something I can't relate to. Maybe because I'm from a family that's had lots of orthopedic surgeries over the years, so surgery scars are just a fact of life.

And... orthopedic surgeons are just "fancy carpenters," at least plastic surgeons specialize in making a body look good ;)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

NYMom222
on 5/12/17 7:12 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Nobody commented on my scars, they really couldn't see them, I did get comments after PS... I looked thinner, so I did get some "I didn't realize it was you" or "I didn't even recognize you" When I went for my PS consult I was in a comfortable size 12 jean. Now I wear a 6 jean. But it does happen over time, I remember Dr M saying it really takes 3 months for the swelling to go down and it was true...after one month I thought- oh this is it...but I got smaller. So people noticed. Dr. M says you might not change sizes, but just look better....for me I changed sizes, but I also lost weight from the whole process...not that I was trying, I just did.

Funny, I was at the Jersey Shore the other weekend for my nephew's wedding. It was unseasonable warm so we all hung out the next day and swam and stuff. Now this is just my family... they have seen me thin now and really don't comment anymore. But when I put my bathing suit on - a one piece,black, nothing special... bathing suits hide nothing and I think they were a little shocked... They all kept telling me what a really nice bathing suit it was...LOL. They didn't want to comment on my body, so they just said that...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active