Almost one week out...

-Cindyloo-
on 4/5/17 10:37 am

I am almost one week post op from an LBL and breast lift. So far this has been a fog of pain and pills. For those of you who have done this, please give me some uplifting news. So far I am in so much pain that I haven't been "enjoying" the processes. I expect that soon things will turn around. Just give me an idea when? I have been going through the "what the heck did I do to myself" phase for a while now and could use a pick me up.

Thanks!

Laura in Texas
on 4/5/17 10:53 am

I had an LBL/BL at the same time, too. Take your pain meds on schedule.

For me, the results were worth the first 2 weeks of pain.

Hang in there. I promise it does get better!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Dcgirl
on 4/5/17 12:26 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I'm with Laura - I did an LBL and BL at the same time. As long as I faithfully took my pain meds every 4 hours (literally had an alarm set to wake me up to take them) I was ok after a few days. You won't even remember the pain a couple of months from now, but you will be so happy with your new body! I am so happy with my results and scars. My stomach is still flat and it's been 1.5 years. I don't regret it at all. So keep on trucking - it gets better!

-Cindyloo-
on 4/5/17 2:31 pm

Thank you ladies! I needed to hear that.

Djmohr
on 4/7/17 10:45 pm
RNY on 09/29/14

I promise, it gets a little better everyday. These surgeries are big and it takes time for your body and mind to heal from them.

Just take care of yourself, get lots of protein and get moving.....it will get better.

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 4/11/17 7:48 am, edited 4/11/17 12:49 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

You are almost one week - you very well should be groggy, if you are treating your pain. I do not understand why you thought you would "enjoy the process" at this stage.

6-8 weeks out, you may start to enjoy. Endure is the expectation until then.

My elec recliner and remote control, Mozart in the Jungle and EMPIRE marathons, got me through.

Hang in there - my arm lift and breast lift were so worth it. I am 9 months post-op and LOVING IT.

Sharon

-Cindyloo-
on 4/14/17 10:37 am

Two weeks out now. Drains removed 5 days ago. Had to have some fluid manually removed today. Feeling better. Not quite so weak. Still in compression garments as dr ordered.

Mentally doing better. Best way to describe things is "uncomfortable". All. The. Time. I'm in a compression garment that makes it impossible to sleep on my side because it hooks up and zips up each side. I have a ride today to walmart to check out some different compression garments and maybe get some better sleep.

I have been enjoying looking at my new figure. But, mentally when I'm not looking at it, I still feel that the skin in there. So, it takes time.

Just an update for anyone reading...

Most Active