Circumferential Abdominoplasty and Breast lift for this Thursday - Really nervous!

-Cindyloo-
on 3/25/17 2:00 pm

I have my plastics scheduled for this Thursday. After so many years of working at this, I am really nervous as I hit the end goal. A 7+ hour surgery and all the pain after has me pretty freaked out. I think I am prepared. Have my meds and have read through the forums to insure I have all the stuff I need on hand. My mom and husband are going to take care of me and the kids understand to let me heal. I have 3 and a half weeks off work (desk job). We will see how it goes, but I could sure use some words of wisdom. Anyone out there who can reassure me that I'm not crazy? It's been four years since my vertical sleeve, I've kept the weight off. Now time to reward myself by getting rid of this extra skin and fixing these droopy boobs!

Thoughts?

-Cindyloo-
on 3/25/17 2:15 pm

Sorry for the second set of tickers, can't get those suckers to go away!

Leslie W.
on 3/25/17 3:29 pm - Cobourg, Canada

Just be kind to yourself and give yourself time to heal. There will be a time for swell hell but it will pass. Happy to hear you'll have help. It will help you to heal. Increase your protein, keep pain undercontrol. So happy I had it done

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
NYMom222
on 3/25/17 7:39 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I am a year out from My Circumferential Lower Body lift and Hernia repair...then arms, breasts and legs... you can see in my signature. No regrets. The first week is kind of a blur because of the pain killers. Make sure who ever is helping you writes as everything down as it happens- when and what you eat, meds everything... because you will forget and it is important to stay on top of everything.

I fainted after my first shower- i did not eat or drink before hand, just woke up and took it. Don't do that. :)

Make sure you have plenty of protein even if it is just protein drinks because you don't feel like eating. Also lots of fluids in general....This is like after your WLS, you just have to do it! My PS recommends 100g protein a day for healing for one month before and after.

Honestly I didn't really feel human again until the drains came out. I had 2. Some people get them out sooner, mine came out on day 10 and 16. I flew cross country on day 19 for my nephew's wedding. NY to AZ. That was a little crazy but I did it. 3 1/2 weeks off work should be fine.

I traveled to DC for surgery so was in a hotel. So no recliner. I brought one of those outdoor anti gravity chairs and threw a fluffy blanket over it. . Lots of pillows in the bed. I did use a medical cane to just help me maneuver in and out of bed and give me some leverage. I had a step stool next to the bed which helped with getting in and out too... a place to land my feet and push off of.... I did not sit on the bowl the first few days, just kinda hovered/squatted a little. (TMI-but true)

I tend to get nauseous with anesthesia so they give me for every surgery one of those patches for behind my ear - they help.

You will be very happy you did it. You kinda look alien-ish the first 2 weeks from swelling- I kinda couldn't look, then it started to make a turn for the better. You think all the swelling is gone by one month, and the majority is...but I continued to go down for 3 months...

Good Luc****ep us posted on how you do.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

katzmeow13
on 3/26/17 10:26 am

5 weeks away from panni and tummy tuck upgrade.

I found a used recliner with power lift. I spent two weeks in it, day and night. Some areas may have them for rent but not around me. This was 150 and I have no regrets. We gave is a good clean, I had a massage table warming pad and some of those fake sheep skin padding things. I also had a bin of pillows and sheets/blankets till I found what was most comfortable.

For the first few days my husband would support me as I walked to the bathroom. On Amazon we found a support bar system that attaches to toilet in back and has a foot on floor on either side which helped getting on/off toilet.

increase your protein and take med's as directed for the first week.

staying ahead of the pain will work in your favour.

loose yoga pants and comfy tops.

have a little table next to you for all the little things, book, tablet, earplugs, Chapstick, mints or something (I had a really dry mouth) drink lots of fluids and I started every day with a premier protein shake to increase protein for healing.

let people help you. Don't do serious bending and listen about the 5 pound lift restriction.

write down how often and how much you drain. Write down when and amounts of pain med's. My drains stayed in almost 10-12 days.

Everyone is different. I still take 1-2 prescription pain med's per day and ES Tylenol during the day.

yes it was painful. Moving was slow. I am a reg. Massage Therapist who deals with accidents/injuries and chronic pain. This means that I was forced to take 6 weeks. (One left)

i do cook and laundry, and tidy up at home now... heavy pots or baskets my husband moves.

swelling was significant at the beginning. I'm still wearing the binder and find by the end of the day there is more swelling than when I woke up.

i have no regrets. My body will not be supermodel or anything like that.... but not having to raise the flap of skin that came down 4+ inches, or tuck it in or have torn irritation underneath. It is insane. I bought a belt! Weirdest victory every.

my breast reduction will be a separate surgery, but breasts are much easier to deal with than 13 pounds of skin.

best of luck to you.

HW:282      pre-opti W: 268       CW: 172.       SW:255.5

Surgery: RNY   Jan. 17, 2013   Dr Raiche   OTTAWA

Most Active