Pics: 6.5 Weeks Post-Op TT and lower (mini) Facelift

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/25/17 9:49 am, edited 2/25/17 9:54 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I know I spent a lot of time searching for before and after pictures prior to deciding on PS and afterwards to assess progress. So here is what it all looked like 6 1/2 weeks ago and now. Lots of pics, and if I get this right they will be in pairs - before and after (with a few extra after with makeup on).

Which reminds me that if you are contemplating a facelift get some dermablend "camouflage" makeup to hide bruises unless you can hide out for 4 weeks.  After 2-3 weeks I was only using it on the bruises and using my lighter foundation over all, but it was critical to me at that point. The first time I was willing to be seen was at 2 weeks, and that was only my SIL who knew about the surgery. I went out at 3 weeks and was pretty comfortable being seen at 4 weeks, but even then had some slight bruising I was covering up. I went back to the office at 6 weeks and everyone thinks I look rested and like I lost more weight (I didn't). The only thing that still bugs me are some lumps on my left cheek which can apparently take a few months to completely resolve.

As for the TT, recovery was much easier than I expected. I was able to lie flat by 4 weeks and put a 2 piece bathing suit on in Florida at 4.5 weeks.

I think the facelift cut about 10 years, and I got rid of an ugly mole on the right side of my face! The TT just made me feel better about my body - I could hide the skin but I knew it was there!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

tinamarie47
on 2/25/17 5:51 pm - Hot Springs, SD

You look gorgeous! ?? 

Just home from the hospital today - Panni & TT. It is so hhard getting in and out of bed! Hurts like hell but I know it will all be worth it! 

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.   Phil: 4:13    View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/26/17 4:09 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It gets better pretty fast.  Just remember to keep your core bent and keep it in the same position when getting up - roll on your sides and use your arms to lever your upper body up while your legs lever down.  Once you get the hang of getting up and down it's not so bad.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

katzmeow13
on 3/13/17 11:48 am

I had a TT on feb 21 and didn't even try to sleep in a bed for the first 10-12 days.

i looked around to rent a power recliner as many people had sworn by them. In the end I found a used power lift chair that not only help by being able to sleep reclined, but also brought me to a semi standing position.

my husband took the first two weeks off and even though I never thought I would need his help for that long it was amazing, I am blessed to have him.

the chair I bought definitely had some wear and tear, but a good vacuum, steam clean and I topped it off with a massage table warmer as well as two massage table sheepskin padding and a recliner quilted cover.

A few proper placed pillows combined with recovery fatigue and meds meant I slept often and much better than if I would have tried the bed.

i am now in bed with a stool to get in pillows all around and a thin pillow over my abdomen. It seems to be like a security blanket for me.

at the two week point I was feeling much improved. I did too much over two days. I ended up having to go back to increased med's, more sleep, and decreased activity. Pain and swelling were both an issue.

be gentle withyourself.

accept offered help

and whatever doesn't get done today either won't matter or will wait.

good luck

HW:282      pre-opti W: 268       CW: 172.       SW:255.5

Surgery: RNY   Jan. 17, 2013   Dr Raiche   OTTAWA

tinamarie47
on 3/13/17 6:00 pm - Hot Springs, SD

Thank you so much for all your advice.

i ended up using a number of different size and textures of pillows to prop up in bed and pillow under my knees. Was excruciating the first several days getting in and out of bed and my family was so wonderful helping me get myself as comfortable as possible. I only took a week off work and I spent it resting. I'm in my second week back to work and I still get fatigued by day's end. Been off pain meds since week 1. A relaxing glass of wine is certainly welcomed when I walk in. My incisions are healing nicely and no issues there. Still keeping ointment and pads on and my waist binder. Went all day yesterday without the binder and that was a big mistake! Was sore at the end of the night! I see my surgeon Thursday so hoping I can get back in the gym at least walking .

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.   Phil: 4:13    View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
catwoman7
on 2/25/17 8:35 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

wow!  Fantastic job - you look great!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

catwoman7
on 2/25/17 8:38 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

who was your PS, by the way?  (I should remember this - but I'm drawing a blank!)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/26/17 4:07 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

My PS is Dr. Marc Fater, Cape Cod Plastic Surgery, Hyannis MA.  I am very happy with the results and the cost. He's a great guy to work with.

catwoman7
on 2/26/17 5:21 am
RNY on 06/03/15

thanks!  You look great!!

patchoulli
on 2/26/17 3:55 pm - port charlotte, FL

You look fabulousl!   I'm gonna need a TT,. Was this Dr Sauceda?  

Most Active