Facelift question

emelar
on 2/10/17 3:35 pm - TX

My doctor requires an overnight stay for the facelift, but I went home the next day and took care of myself without problems.  I was swollen and tight, and it was uncomfortable, but in many ways it was the easiest to recover from because you don't use your head to get up, down, and move around!  I slept in a recliner for the first few weeks, mainly because I'm naturally a side-sleeper and I didn't want to risk flipping to my side in bed.

As far as when you're presentable for public viewing, it depends on how secretive you're being about the procedure.  I went out and scared people at the grocery store the first week.  I went back to work after the second week (I think), and I was still swollen and bruised, although not badly.  But I had told everyone what I was having done and really didn't care about what they saw.  To get to the point where make-up will totally conceal all the signs of surgery - probably a month.  

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 2/15/17 3:59 am, edited 2/14/17 7:59 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Totally agree with sleeping sitting up/reclining.  I did not get an electric recliner wuntil my arm-ift surgery.  Once I had it, I wish I had gotten it sooner.  I found one on craigslist for $40 and steam cleaned it.

When did you stop wrapping your face with an ace bandage?  Were you able to go to work with it wrapped?

Sharon

emelar
on 2/15/17 8:47 am - TX

My surgeon gave me a garment that was a piece of stretchy material with velcro closure at the top, and another strip that wrapped around the back of your head and kept it in place.  Same idea as an Ace bandage, but a whole lot easier to get in and out of and to adjust the tightness.

Anyway, my bleary recollection is that I was in it full time for about a week.  After that, it was just for nights.  This facial ice mask was terrific to help with the swelling.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/11/17 5:31 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I had a facelift 4.5 weeks ago. I could take care of myself right away. I didn't want ANYONE to see me for about 2 weeks. At 3 weeks I was comfortable going out socially. Because I don't want anyone at work to know I am not going back in the office until 6 weeks.  If I had to go now I could, but I still have some lumpiness on my cheeks, especially on one side. Someone else would probably just think I had some sort of small infection there, but I'm kind of sensitive about it (picture below with no makeup).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Lisa_at_the_beach
on 2/14/17 9:23 am - Raleigh, NC

You look great!  What did you have done?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/14/17 12:55 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Mini facelift (lower face especially jowls and neck). I promise to do a before and after in a week or 2 (still some slight swelling and small cheek lumps).

Also had a TT at the same time.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

(deactivated member)
on 3/2/17 2:36 am

You're a brave grrl .. but you sure look great !

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 2/13/17 3:58 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

After the first week, I did not need much help around the house, except to drive me to the store and pharm because of the percoset.  I needed more help for the armlift/breast lift recovery - I needed help bathing and cutting my food with the arm lift. I could only eat soft (suckable food) with the face lift for 2 weeks -even salivating was painful when something smelled good.

Sharon

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/16/17 3:03 pm

I had my eyes (upper lids) done by an ophthalmologist - eye PS in April 2016.  That took a week for me to be out. 

I had a face lift - neck lift in mid of November 2016. My face was still painful and my neck swollen after 2 weeks but I was able to return to work and be out- driving app 2.5 weeks after. 

I am still little bit sensitive - there is still loss of sensation and I can't be face down for more than 20- 30 min  (massage). I still sleep on my back and when I turn to the side - my cheek hurts..I was told that full recovery from the face lift is 6-12 months. 

During my face lift - my muscles were tighten my jowls fixed, and some fat was implanted higher into my cheeks.  

I am glad I had my eye lift surgery first. That was to correct not only the droopiness but also my vision...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Laura in Texas
on 2/16/17 6:34 pm

My sil had a full facelift right plus her eyes done right before Christmas and was out shopping after a few days. She looked a mess, but said she felt fine. It sounds like people recover at different rates. It took 2 weeks for the majority of her swelling to go down enough that she did not look like she had just been in a car wreck. She looks great and is thrilled with the results. When my kid is done having surgeries (cleft related), I will get my face done, too.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active